Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Missing scenery\cities folders

I'm just wondering if anybody can tell me why after deleteing my generated files and rebuilding them that after the rebuild in the scenery\cities folder the following have gone missing or deleted, Rockhampton, Orlando, Kennedy Space Centre and SanDiego, I did nothing else, upon restart of P3DV4.2 I had a scenery.cfg error, the scenery showed up in the scenery.cfg file but a message saying cannot find scenery, the folders are missing would I like to unload them, just bewildered as where and why this happened.

Regards Rod.

I also had that problem in P3D v4.1, the exact scenery you listed was missing also. I'm not sure exactly what deleted those. But anyhow, I'm doing a fresh install of P3D v4.3 anyways.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Captain420 thanks, so it's just not me then, I will be updating to 4.3 but just client and content, I was really hoping to avoid a complete reinstall of everything, was hoping to find a way of getting them back somehow or to find out why it happened in the first place, I thought regenerating the files wasn't supposed to wreak things.

Cheers Rod Lewis 

What exactly did you do? When you say regenerate, did you mean delete some files and let it rebuild? If so, which files did you touch?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

What I mean is I did click on the Delete Generated Files folder in the P3DV4.2 root folder, I didn't delete anything per say, I guess I shouldn't have done that hey.

Cheers Rod.

Why did you click on that? Did somebody tell you to?

I saw a youtube vid which showed how to do it (rebuild the generated files) as I was having an issue only at NZAA (default airport) where the sim would just freeze and ctd, it showed that by doing this the sim would regenerate the relative files by rebuilding them mmmm, ok so is it possible to just reinstall the original V4 scenery files which I have as a back up of the original V4 download, I mean would that be a possible fix?

Cheers Rod

I had a lot of problems with my previous install of P3D as well. I took the easy but time consuming route and that was to reinstall P3D from scratch all over again.

Ok Aaron thanks for your time, I'm still very curious as to how they were removed in the first place, enjoy 4.3 as it looks like I'll be doing the same thing.

Cheers Rod.

Thanks, good luck and I hope you're able to fix it. I spent countless days trying to fix mine and I've given up and resorted to just doing a clean install. I figured why not, since 4.3 just came out, it's time for a fresh new start anyways.