Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

FSD Navajo/Reality XP

Guest rici

Hey all,I want to buy the FSD Navajo but have a quick question on Reality XP integration. I would ideally like to install their weather radar and GPS into it but I don't think that it will fit onto their panel. Is it possible to install a Garmin 530XP and Wx500 radar?What about if I put in a Wx500 and a 430XP and XPDR that might fit better?I'm not sure how installation works, is it possible to move guages around using some kind of editor to rearrange the centre panel and juggle all the radio's to make stuff fit?ThanksRichard

There's a refit for the Navajo Panther already available at Reality XP's website (http://www.reality-xp.com). The boards over there have a lot of excellent information on doing panel refits for all the RXP gauges. I have the GNS530, GMA340, GTX327 combo installed in the 2D and VC panels, and have the WX500 available as a popup (there isn't room for it otherwise) by right-clicking the GPS.There is a payware gauge editor available from Flight 1 called FS Panel Studio, and it can be helpful, but you don't absolutely need it. You can edit panels by manually changing the entries in that panel's panel.cfg file, and trial and error. I don't believe that FSPS works with FSD's panels.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Guest rici

thanks ill check it out

I can verify that you cannot open FSD's panel cfg files with FSPS. The copy protection used by FSD prevents users from opening or modifying any of the bitmaps associated with the gauges. The RXP community files have refits for the panels that work well.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888