Sign in to follow this  
Primusinterpares Quod Primusomnium

ZIBO 737 Crash after "electrical power up with ground power up"

I´m quite new to MCE on X Plane. Just bought it last friday. I´m running the latest version of X Plane 11, MCE and Zibo´s 737.

I start cold and dark. While my copilot performs the flow "electrical power up with ground power up", the Zibo 737 behaves like a crash. X Plane then asks me if I want to continue the flight or start a new flight.

If I do the flow on my own I can continue with all other following flows performed by the copilot.

I haven´t made any changes on the scripts. 

I don´t know if it is an issue on Zibo´s or MCE´s side. Thats why I post it here.

Thanks in advance

5 hours ago, Primusinterpares Quod Primusomnium said:

I´m quite new to MCE on X Plane. Just bought it last friday. I´m running the latest version of X Plane 11, MCE and Zibo´s 737.

I start cold and dark. While my copilot performs the flow "electrical power up with ground power up", the Zibo 737 behaves like a crash. X Plane then asks me if I want to continue the flight or start a new flight.

If I do the flow on my own I can continue with all other following flows performed by the copilot.

I don´t know if it is an issue on Zibo´s or MCE´s side. Thats why I post it here.

Thanks in advance

Which ZIBO mod version are you running?

Would appreciate a link so we can be in synch and check it out. And is that the very latest?

Thanks

49 minutes ago, Primusinterpares Quod Primusomnium said:

Obviously the ground service is starting pushback instead of connecting gpu.

Maybe you gave the command "ground begin pushback" or one of other variations that get the pushback going.

All commands for mechanic interaction start with either of these

Ground mechanic

Ground engineer

Ground

Mechanic

To request mechanic connect GPU use

Ground connect ground power

Mechanic connect ground power.

To ask Fo to connect GPU (overhead panel), ask "connect ground power"

Edited by FS++

19 hours ago, Primusinterpares Quod Primusomnium said:

No I didn´t. I just give the command to the co-pilot using the vox script command "electrical power up with ground power". The co-pilot starts with the procedure.

There is nothing that flow that would trigger the pushback,.

With Zibo 737 loaded, go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript> button

In Voxscript interface, select "electrical power up with ground power" and click <Edit> button.

In "Script properties" just click <Edit script commands>. Should then see all the actions Fo is expected to perform. 

Here are the actions part of the flow

[SCRIPT]
battery on       (FO switches battery ON)
standby power auto    (FO switches standby power to AUTO)
Notify=cockpit to ground  (FO speaks sentence "cockpit to ground" to let you know he's trying to stablish contact with ground mechanic) 
cockpit to ground    (FO actually establishes contact with ground mechanic)
pause=6   (FO gives some time to mechanic to reply)
Notify=ground connect ground power (FO speaks "ground connect ground power" to let you know he's asking mechanic to do it)
ground connect ground power  (FO tells ground mechanic to connect ground power)
pause=6  (FO waits for ground mechanic to connect ground power)
ground power on  (FO connect ground power using VC switch)
a c meter set to ground power (FO sets AC voltmeter to ground power)
nav light on  (FO sets the navigation light on)

Note that none of the actions above are mandatory.

You can do things exactly as you please and only let Fo do specific things.

Also, while reviewing this script, I can already spot an inaccurate sequence. It would be best to set voltmeter to Ground power, check voltage before connecting ground power. Therefore should have them in this order.

a c meter set to ground power

ground power on

And setting nav light on may only be required by some airlines. Feel free to remove it.

And you can add other things like "set parking brake" at the very beginning of the flow.

Hope it's clear enough.

The parking brake is already set. But anyway I know insert at the top "set parking brake". As I mentioned before, I haven´t changed on the script. It looks like the one you posted here.

After the FO is calling thre ground the mechanic is saying "add your service. release the parking brake when you are ready". And then it happens.

1 hour ago, Primusinterpares Quod Primusomnium said:

The parking brake is already set. But anyway I know insert at the top "set parking brake". As I mentioned before, I haven´t changed on the script. It looks like the one you posted here.

After the FO is calling thre ground the mechanic is saying "add your service. release the parking brake when you are ready". And then it happens.

It's probably  "at your service release the parking brake when you are ready". Mechanic is just acknowledging call.

You don't have to release the parking brake.

It's a routine thing for mechanic to tell captain the chocks are in place, and they can safely release parking brake, which may or may not be very hot on arrival.

11 hours ago, Primusinterpares Quod Primusomnium said:

....after the mechanic is starting pushback. Really strange that there is a problem, but you tell me everything is right.

MCE itself runs as an external process (mce.exe).

Normally, even when there is some kind of issue with MCE or the speech engine it hosts inside "mce.exe", the process dies, but would hardly if ever affect "X-Plane.exe".

Having said that, we run a couple of dlls inside "X-Plane.exe".

xpInsider64.xpl plugin always loads in X-Plane

Then one of the dlls in \X-Plane\MCE dlls\64 Bit\ also gets loaded, depending on which supported aircraft is detected..

Have downloaded the Zibo mod you sent the link for. There were 2 of them. Only downloaded <B737-800X>.

I didn't experience any crash upon running the flow. I am also on the very latest X-Plane 11 Beta

I'm not trying to put you off reporting anything.

One can expect something to get broken when aircraft or X-Plane are updated. And the package supports 20 complex aircraft so far.

I can guarantee you there is very likely some switch on some aircraft that is mishandled by the FO. And you are welcome to report these.

But I'm not aware of any crash happening with Zibo, at least not connected to that specific flow.

Currently looking at the bleed pressure to see why it's not always reported with Zibo.

Suggest you ask this guy who posted the video.

What other non-aircraft or scenery plugins are you running?

On 6/26/2018 at 8:54 PM, Primusinterpares Quod Primusomnium said:

Thanks in advance

I can confirm this exact same issue with MCE and the Zibo mod 737. 

It only happens with the “electrical power up with ground power” flow. The “electrical power up with GPU” flow works okay.  

I have tried this several times with the default flow and it always happens. Normally when the ground crew is inserting chocks as part of connecting the ground power. Hoping someone can solve this problem. 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, Primusinterpares Quod Primusomnium said:

Thanks in advance

First, apologies about this.

There was indeed an issue.

As you get in touch with mechanic (it's automated in the flow "electrical power up with ground power". Command "cockpit to ground"), he's supposed to put the chocks in.

That's when the aircraft is brutally shifted occasionally.

It's only after "randomravings" reported the same issue, that it was looked at with more suspicion. It was happening in 1 out of 4 or 5 runs.

It's now fixed in latest package

Another issue was fixed, "apu off" not happening. But that's more to do with updated Zibo package.

Removed the check for bleed pressure before start, when using Zibo mod.

• Upvote 1