Sign in to follow this  
NeilG

Hacklib::initContactPointsOffset()-Unsupported Prepar3D Version

Hi All,

Anyone know what on earth this is? It happens on start up  after sceneries builds and  then seems to cause my version 4.3 to crash, but in some sense still to be on because you cant try and restart it as it tells you a version of Prepar3D is running. Again here it is: An error box in which it is said:

Hacklib::initContactPointsOffset()-Unsupported Prepar3D Version

Ha! Seems like it was caused by FSLabs A320

Edited by NeilG

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The FSL A320 IS NOT compatible with 4.3. There may be a fix coming later today but no promises.

NAX669.png

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, Jim Young said:

I had this error happen (initcontactpoints()unsupportedprepar3dversion) much like NealG had in 4.3.  Does your fix with FSlabs apply to 4.4?  I want to minimize the chance of me messing things up further by tinkering with things but I also don't want to uninstall FSL. 

"I ran into an issue tonight when trying to install 4.4.  I deleted the 4.3 client and ran the client install for 4.4.  When starting the sim it loaded as normal and then I got a message saying "initcontactpoints()unsupportedprepar3dversion" .  I did a quick google search to see if this is known and at first glance looked like it would be a FSlabs related error.  At this point I was still waiting on the 4.4 Fslabs update to finish its download but wanted to at least see the differences of 4.4.  So I figured that I can go into the sim while FSL was still downloading and got this error.  Looking into what it could be I thought it might be that since I have the FSL planes still in the sim, 4.4 was causing this since the update wasn't finished downloading.  Long story short, the download finished and it says that the latest update of FSlabs for 4.4 is in the sim.  However, I still get the message when loading the sim.  Can someone point me in the right direction?   Do I need to completely uninstall my FSlabs planes and completely reinstall?  If that is the case, where do I download the originals prior to running the 266b installer?"

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive