Sign in to follow this  
doublem

AILGenerator 1.3 gives "String too long"

Running version 1.3 and I get "String too long" and the program teminates. No AI_liveries.txt generated.

I was using 1.1 before and everything worked.

EDIT: This happens only when I select "aircraft type fixes"

EDIT 2: I also get "Bad allocation" sometimes. After restarting AILGenerator I can get "String too long" again. Looks like the behaviour is different between the runs even with the same data... I have never seen this behaviour before.

Tue Jun 26 13:05:15 2018 (utc)
version 1.3
AILGenerator (64 bit)
INCLUDE_VAS=0
INCLUDE_GXX=1
INCLUDE_ZXX=1
REPAIR_NUM=1
REPAIR_FORMAT=0
REPAIR_FIX=1
REPAIR_SOUND=1
folder0=\\Flight\D\Aviation\BVAI
folder1=\\Flight\D\Aviation\MyTraffic
folder2=
folder3=
folder4=
folder5=
folder6=
folder7=
folder8=
folder9=
VERSION_CHECKED_AT=:!b1,ovto

The Virtual Airlines are: CYB, DAW, DVA, EUA, LUX, YMA, YMF

INCLUDE_GXX=0
INCLUDE_ZXX=0

Searching in \\Flight\D\Aviation\BVAI
\\Flight\D\Aviation\BVAI\SimObjects\Airplanes\BVA_C5\aircraft.cfg fltsim sections numbering repaired
Error: string too long

Edited by doublem
Added more info

Delete the following lines from the BVAI_C5 aircraft.cfg file and your problem will be gone...

//PSAI C-5A Galaxy Flight Model v1.1 by Michael MacIntyre 2-26-2008
//Requires fx_nicks_tchdwn_l.fx and fx_nicksmokeAI_747.fx effect files by Nick Needham 
//Requires fx_A_I_Contrail.fx effect file by Jan Rosenberg

//The PSAI C-5A Galaxy Flight Dynamics Version 1.1 is the property of Michael MacIntyre and only modifications to it for personal use or for changes to the [fltsim.0], [Lights] and [Effects] sections of this aircraft.cfg file that do not affect the AI aircraft's takeoff, cruise and/or landing performance are permitted without written permission. 

//!!!Copyright remains with the original author!!!

The problem is caused by the [fltsim.0] in this comment part.

My new algorithms in 1.3 do not cope with it.. Will change that.

1.4 is available.

I modified the file and this solved the problem.

Installing 1.4 soon and testing again.

Thanks for your super-support!

On 6/27/2018 at 5:44 AM, kiek said:

Delete the following lines from the BVAI_C5 aircraft.cfg file and your problem will be gone...

//PSAI C-5A Galaxy Flight Model v1.1 by Michael MacIntyre 2-26-2008
//Requires fx_nicks_tchdwn_l.fx and fx_nicksmokeAI_747.fx effect files by Nick Needham 
//Requires fx_A_I_Contrail.fx effect file by Jan Rosenberg

//The PSAI C-5A Galaxy Flight Dynamics Version 1.1 is the property of Michael MacIntyre and only modifications to it for personal use or for changes to the [fltsim.0], [Lights] and [Effects] sections of this aircraft.cfg file that do not affect the AI aircraft's takeoff, cruise and/or landing performance are permitted without written permission. 

//!!!Copyright remains with the original author!!!

The problem is caused by the [fltsim.0] in this comment part.

My new algorithms in 1.3 do not cope with it.. Will change that.

The C5 in question is a FS9 model, would it work anyway ? I have V7 BVAI installed

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

5 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

The C5 in question is a FS9 model, would it work anyway ? I have V7 BVAI installed

FS9 models are not compatible with P3Dv4 indeed. However, they have put it in the BVAIP3DV4 set... Are you sure?

If so just delete the folder and re-run AILGenerator. 

25 minutes ago, kiek said:

FS9 models are not compatible with P3Dv4 indeed. However, they have put it in the BVAIP3DV4 set... Are you sure?

If so just delete the folder and re-run AILGenerator. 

No, I was reffering to the OP. Why is he using an FS9 model ?  He could be using FSX I suppose.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.