Sign in to follow this  
EJW

p3d 4.3 VR square white box in native VR

Where is this "light sensor" window, I have never heard of it?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

temporary work around for me is to comment out the window entry for the 'light sensor' in panel.cfg like //window18=Light Sensor (777) until a solution is offered. not sure what the light sensor gauge is doing, but i'd rather fly than have a white box in front.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

1 hour ago, kdfw__ said:

temporary work around for me is to comment out the window entry for the 'light sensor' in panel.cfg like //window18=Light Sensor (777) until a solution is offered. not sure what the light sensor gauge is doing, but i'd rather fly than have a white box in front.

Please do not go and comment out sections of the panel.cfg. This will cause more issues that fix one.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

To everyone having this problem, setting 2D Panel Transparecy to 100% on the display settings is a possible workaround.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Thank you Thiago, worked for me so far. I have done one flight with the 737, lot of improvements , all around, including VR.  VR, seems clearer.

Finally a good C130 to boot.

Jerry Friz

Edited by jfriz
adding more
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jfriz said:

Finally a good C130 to boot.

I am very skeptical of that, I wouldn't bother installing the client update for a default (free) redention of a very complex aircraft that is a C-130.  By "good" you mean arcade quality?  I presume the engines use the default turboprop engine, how is that working out?

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

I am very skeptical of that, I wouldn't bother installing the client update for a default (free) redention of a very complex aircraft that is a C-130.  By "good" you mean arcade quality?  I presume the engines use the default turboprop engine, how is that working out?

I see in the p3d release notes:

Prepar3D Content

New Content

• Added six flyable C-130 aircraft as default selectable vehicles:
    • AC-130 ‘Spectre’
    • C-130H
    • C-130J
    • C-130J-30
    • HC-130
    • KC-130

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

I see in the p3d release notes:

Not sure what your aim is, but Dan's point was less about the fact that they exist, but more about the quality of those that do.

Kyle Rodgers

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Not sure what your aim is, but Dan's point was less about the fact that they exist, but more about the quality of those that do.

The Client update can be installed alone without the C130 and the Content with the C130 is yet another option.

Best Regards,

17 minutes ago, vonmar said:

The Client update can be installed alone without the C130 and the Content with the C130 is yet another option.

Again, that wasn't the point. Their presence is irrelevant. His point was about the quality of the simulation of the aircraft.

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Again, that wasn't the point. Their presence is irrelevant. His point was about the quality of the simulation of the aircraft.

Ok, I understand.

Best Regards,

Hi folks,

In real life I flew the civilian C130 for 16,000 hours, world wide, mostly in Africa. I have tried this one on P3D, and it fly's very much like the original, same stalls, and the feel of a heavy airplane. All the switches seem to work, now if I could just remember how to start the engines. [engines are running when it opens] [ Starting the engines is performed by the flight engineer.]

Jerry Friz

Edited by jfriz
forgot my name

56 minutes ago, jfriz said:

Hi folks,

In real life I flew the civilian C130 for 16,000 hours, world wide, mostly in Africa. I have tried this one on P3D, and it fly's very much like the original, same stalls, and the feel of a heavy airplane. All the switches seem to work, now if I could just remember how to start the engines. [engines are running when it opens] [ Starting the engines is performed by the flight engineer.]

Jerry Friz

Jerry, now you have my attention.  I assumed that LM uses their default turboprop engine model based on a PT-6; however, as you know, the T56 and newer AE2100 are single shaft engines with gear driven props.  The differences are significant to the pilot.  Did LM get it right by modelling a single shaft turboprop or did they stick to their default?

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

I really don't know, I don't have the time to look at the small details. It is free with the sim. check it out. I have looked at other C130 payware, none were worth buying. L/M, has some other good single engine aircraft, like the Maule, for one.

Regards,

Jerry Friz

• Upvote 1

The "new" default C-130 flies the same as the "old" Captain Sim C-130.  The 6 variants included in P3Dv4.3 appear to be taken directly from the "old" Captain Sim version.  How that happened, I don't know and won't ask.  But if you were flying the "old" Captain Sim C-130 payware product in FSX, based on my experience with the Captain Sim C-130 for many years in FSX you have the same quality C-130 airplane in P3Dv4.3 now.

Whether that makes it "good enough" for P3D users is not the issue.  It's just what it is.  I'm glad I can finally fly "my Captain Sim C-130" in P3D now, 'cos I've missed being able to use it since switching to P3D from FSX.

EDIT:  Uh...if you do own the "old" Captain Sim C-130 and/or the Expansion Packs...have you tried manually installing some of the other repaints?  🤓

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan