Sign in to follow this  
EJW

p3d 4.3 VR square white box in native VR

Back on topic of "White Box," any word on progress?

Bill Clark

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

If a fix does not come soon, it would at least good to know what exactly is this light-sensor for and if we can safely disable it.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I agree.

jerry friz

I think someone said above. You can just undock the window before enabling VR --> box disappears. I haven't noticed any negative consequences of this.

6 hours ago, andreh said:

I think someone said above. You can just undock the window before enabling VR --> box disappears. I haven't noticed any negative consequences of this.

I understand, but I am still curious what this sensor is, considering that it seems that there is no functionality loss when it is disabled. 🙂

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

It senses the light of the sim? :!

there are tons of topics on avsim about it... 

one:

9 hours ago, andreh said:

If you use the left mouse click with any of the shift, control or shift + control combinations it’s easy to move or resize the white window to nothing. If you change views it comes back but again very easy to move it or resize it to nothing.

i know the config mod works but for now a little patience for PMDG to fix this and anything else they have uncovered is reasonable with a very easy work around for now.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Now that it was just announced (7/27/18) that the Operations Center will be pushing updates to the PMDG 737NGX and PMDG 777, will there be a fix for the Light Sensor that is causing a "white box" to appear when in VR?

Bill Clark 

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

PMDG,

Any fix since this was posted more than a month ago? Should we regress to the previous version of v4?

Howard Rhett

Howard Rhett

P3Dv4 & v5 | Windows 10 64-bit Home | 32Gb RAM | i9-9900k @ 3.60Ghz | Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 | Cirrus yoke | CH Pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | Oculus Rift S| 500Gb SSD OS | 5Tb HDD

Any update on this. I still have this problem and I’ve just moved to p3d4.4

Eldon Murray

5 hours ago, Eldon said:

Any update on this. I still have this problem and I’ve just moved to p3d4.4

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

For what aircraft? This has been fixed for the 744. For the rest of the planes a manual fix is needed

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

It's on the 777-200LR (and 777-300ER as well I think) and it doesn't have a "Light Sensor" entry in the aircraft config file on either models.  

Eldon Murray

Edited by Eldon

Eldon Murray

6 hours ago, Eldon said:

It's on the 777-200LR (and 777-300ER as well I think) and it doesn't have a "Light Sensor" entry in the aircraft config file on either models.  

Eldon Murray

Not having a light sensor is not possible. Open a support ticket from the support portal (support.precisionmanuals.com) and will look at it.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

9 hours ago, Eldon said:

Eldon Murray

it's in the 777 panel.cfg

window18=Light Sensor

the aircraft.cfg doesn't handle the cockpit panels, just the views.

Thanks Marc that's where I was going wrong. Found it in panel.cfg and working fine now.  Thanks guys.

Eldon

Eldon Murray