Sign in to follow this  
EJW

p3d 4.3 VR square white box in native VR

Hi guys

Anyone experienced the following problem?  Running 737/777 or 747 in p3d 4.3 with native VR (Oculus Rift) I get a white square box on the Pilots side just outside the window.  I Can't get rid off it.  It seem to match in dimensions the Pop Up frame. If you go look at the screen you can see any Pop up windows matching the whte box

This is limited only to PMDG aircraft

Any help highly appreciated

Thanks

Elmar Wegerle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EJW said:

This is limited only to PMDG aircraft

Yeah, it's our light sensor panel that - for some reason - is being snagged by P3D's new 2D pop-up implementation and stretching it out into the main view. That area should only be taken up by a 2D pop up if you've specifically clicked on its pop up trigger, but...as is typical...a few steps forward, a couple steps back.

We're looking into a potential fix. I think we just nailed it down, but want to be sure it doesn't affect other parts of our products.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

Yes I see these white boxes directly ahead of the Captains view out the from of the aircraft for the 747-400 and the 737NGX. I didn't try the 777, but I suspect it will do the same.

Any pop-up, like the CDU or ND shows up on top of the "white box."

Also, the display on the HUGS of the 737 NGX is blank or all white.

I have not tried the Zoom Feature

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

i see this on the 777 as well as the fsla320.

• Like 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

39 minutes ago, shakjon said:

Okay, so how do we get rid of the square white box then???

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

As Kyle said " We're looking into a potential fix. I think we just nailed it down, but want to be sure it doesn't affect other parts of our products. " For now there is nothing you can do.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

2 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

i see this on the 777 as well as the fsla320.

please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Following as I also have this issue.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Thanks guys.

Glad the bug has been identified.  Had that been a scenery problem, I would have looked until doomsday to pin it to something..  Again...thanks for the quick response

Elmar Wegerle

2 minutes ago, EJW said:

Glad the bug has been identified.

It's not a bug, really. P3D's function is working properly. It's just picking up a 2D item that it wasn't expecting, which is a 2D item that should actually be displayed...just not in the manner in which it's being displayed.

Semantics, sure, but...both functions are technically working properly.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Also, the white box is not permitting the HUGS to display data when the 737 NGX is loaded.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

8 minutes ago, sbclark said:

Also, the white box is not permitting the HUGS to display data when the 737 NGX is loaded.

It's going to interfere with a bunch of things, given its position, honestly. Fixing the one thing will fix the rest.

Kyle Rodgers

Just out of curiosity, what is the light sensor panel used for?

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

There is a workaround a few of us have found. Undock the light sensor window prior to entering VR and it will not display.

Edited by ZLA Steve

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Hy Guys,

I had the same and I put the white panel to the side with combination that is described in the VR section of P3d. It's a workaround but you can pan, resize, move or turn that it disappears. But from next start it will be back again. So wait for update.

Btw what is light sensor Panel and how deactivate?.

Thanks

Andreas Hövel