Sign in to follow this  
ajcbakker

Display problem Bonaire scenery in LNM

Gp1ecym.jpgDear sir,

Recently I installed the Bonaire scenery from Aerosoft in my P3Dv4. There are two layers in the scenery.cfg (Bonaire_Alfa and Bonaire_Bravo). The layers are installed in the correct sequence. I did a "Load Scenery Library" without any problem. When I click on the map of TNCB I see a big grey rectangle on the location of the airport (I assume it is the afcad file AFX_TNCB.bgl). See above. What went wrong? Can anyone help me with this?

Kind regards,

Alje Bakker

Edited by ajcbakker
forgot attachment

Hi Alje,

can you contact me by email and send me the BGL file (path shown in the information window tab "Airport")?

I need only the BGL for checking, not the whole airport.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your reply.

Very strange. Could it be possible that this scenery is not completely compatible with Prepar3d 4.2? I see in your printscreen that you use FSX-SE. I have installed this scenery in P3D 4.2. and added it manually to the scenery.cfg. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks and kind regards,

Alje Bakker

Hi Alje,

there is no difference between P3D and FSX in LNM. I use the same code to read the BGL files for all FSX based simulators.

I just stepped through my code and the airport does not contain an apron. All looks OK here.
I found a little bug, though. The structures in the ocean are the aprons of the stock airport (which is ridiculously misplaced, BTW) and should be deleted. This is fixed now.

I have no idea what causes these messed up lines. Most likely this comes from another BGL file and not AFX_TNCB.bgl.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply and all your help. I really appreciate that. As you probably know the scenery of Bonaire (from Aerosoft) contains two layers in the scenery.cfg. There is "Bonaire_Bravo" which contains the AFX_TNCB.bgl file. Above these layer there is the "Bonaire_Alfa" which contains an AFX_TNCX.bgl file (that is a so called "flatten" file for TNCB. The Alfa layer has a lower priority number in the scenery.cfg as the Bravo layer and therefore this Alfa layer has a higher layer number (higher priority) and will be read over the Bravo layer. Could it be possible that this has something to do with this issue?

Kind regards,

Alje Bakker

Hi Alje,

don't think that this is a layer problem. This would need more investigation including all involved BGL files. You can try to rename included BGL files to exclude them one by one.

Normally all involved BGL files are shown in the information window of LNM but I can also happen that this weird geometry is from another (fake) airport. There are a lot of workarounds that the add-on developers use.

Alex

Hi Alex

I have the same problem with Aerosoft Vaernes (ENVA) in P3DV4.3. If I zoom out a bit the grey rectangel disapear. I send you the bgl file by mail as a part of your investegation.

/Thomas

ESNN

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

Hi Thomas,

sorry, I cannot reproduce this. I can see the airport with an unknown runway surface (white), taxiways and parking spots but no aprons. I guess they uses a phototexture background.

You can try the following: Disable all BGL files for the Vaernes scenery except AFX_ENVA.bgl (simply rename them from *.BGL to *.OFF). If that fixes it, enable them again step by step until you find the troublemaker.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your help and advice. I will perform a further investigation as you proposed. I will keep you informed. Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Alje Bakker

Hi Alex,

After further investigation I detected the cause of this problem. The problem was the scenery layer "Bonaire_Alfa" which contains an AFX_TNCX.bgl file (that is a so called "flatten" file for TNCB). I have excluded this layer from loading into the LNM database and everything is fine now.

Kind regards,

Alje Bakker

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. I will send you that flatten file as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Alje

Hi Alje,

found time to look at it. This gray goo consists of taxiway paths of type "PATH" and the flatten file actually contains an airport named "TNCB_Flatten (do not use)". :wacko:

I could omit these paths but then all the taxipaths on aprons would also disappear. Sorry, cannot do much about this.

Alex