Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

V 4.3 will not run?

I've done a clean install of 4.3 with app data roaming etc all deleted, CClean etc etc.

After install the splash screen comes up and it just hangs.

Any ideas?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This happened to me, I resolved it by applying a default scenery library.

Just now, nolonger said:

This happened to me, I resolved it by applying a default scenery library.

Since i have deleted every airport/scenery does this apply and how pls?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It is the FSLabs A320. You need to uninstall it. A new version that is v3 compatible is due shortly.

Mark

5 minutes ago, mwa05 said:

It is the FSLabs A320. You need to uninstall it. A new version that is v3 compatible is due shortly.

Mark

I've uninstalled all aircraft airport/scenery= everything.

Mine did what yours is doing. If I moused over the P3D start icon on the bottom windows bar it displayed an error message (which was behind the splash screen). I googled the error and found very quickly that is was caused by the A320. Uninstalling it fixed the problem. Check that you have a message behind the splash screen. Otherwise beyond deleting shaders and cfg I have no further advice.

Perhaps reach out to Poppet.

David,
I was in the same situation. What i did was Remove every Lockheed Martin folder in the ProgramData, AppData\Local and Roaming which fixed the problem with hanging on start up.

• Like 1

Hello David

If you have done a clean Install of Prepar3D and now it will not launch please try the steps below

Ensure you also follow step  F) Delete Generated files

I thought it was only me. In my case, it seemed to be some addon scenery in my documents folder.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

2 hours ago, Poppet said:

Hello David

If you have done a clean Install of Prepar3D and now it will not launch please try the steps below

Ensure you also follow step  F) Delete Generated files

Thanks Elaine

This was the problem

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

That would be where the scenery.cfg file is.

My issue was that I had moved p3d a year or more ago from my c to g drive, so I had a shortcut on c to g.  When I installed new 4.3 version, I put it onto G, when I should of used C.  When I used C, it's now starting and generating scenery indexes, but got stuck at 96%.

Edited by bic

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

57 minutes ago, bic said:

My issue was that I had moved p3d a year or more ago from my c to g drive, so I had a shortcut on c to g.  When I installed new 4.3 version, I put it onto G, when I should of used C.  When I used C, it's now starting and generating scenery indexes, but got stuck at 96%.

Go into your your scenery.cfg folder and change the San Diego scenery Active= line to false and try it again.

That worked for me as i compared my old scenery.cfg to the one 4.3 built and that was the only different file.

Bizzare that fixed the scenery index stuck at issue for me (hope it does for you too)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

See my thread also further down and the explanations offered. Many have had this problem for various reasons.

Cheers

Nelson