Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Cloud9 DCA is out!

Any thoughts or opinions? I am downloading right now.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest JIMJAM

Yeah I wish Cloud 9 would stop cranking out the sceneries and finish the much promised update to their F-104. Getting the F-4 Phantom before fsx would be nice also.

This doesn't have anything to do with releasing sceneries. The aircraft and scenery teams at Cloud9 are separate and working indipendently. It's quite possibile a new scenery could be released even before the Phantom, without this meaning the Phantom got delayed due to this.

Guest DWillens

Jeff:Initial impressions ASAP please! I just recently purchased LAX, which I think is great, so if this is up to that standard I am sure I will purchase this one too.Also, a question: in the screenshots it shows a lot of scenery right around the airport, office buildings and such. Is that part of the Cloud9 scenery or is that something else? It looks like it might be megascenery.Thanks.Damon

Been considering this one. Can you install their software on two computers? That is, I have a PC and notebook. The notebook I take on travel. Would love to have this scenery on both.Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

>Initial impressions ASAP please! I just recently purchased>LAX, which I think is great, so if this is up to that standard>I am sure I will purchase this one too.Why you don't simply download it and try for yourself ? the trial version it's the same as the full version, and you can use it for 7 minutes at time, for as long as you wish (basically you have an unlimited amount of 7-minutes "bites" to use, with no expiry date).However, KDCA it's quite similar in principle to KLAX, but since it's smaller, the detail is much better, buildings are more detailed, and textures are better as well.>Also, a question: in the screenshots it shows a lot of>scenery right around the airport, office buildings and such. >Is that part of the Cloud9 scenery or is that something else? >It looks like it might be megascenery.The big buildings close to the entrance comes with C9 scenery. It has been tested to integrate well with both Megascenery and UT:USA, but it doesn't require either, nor it has problems used with just FS2004 default scenery.

>Been considering this one. Can you install their software on>two computers? That is, I have a PC and notebook. The>notebook I take on travel. Would love to have this scenery on>both.Usually the activation for C9 products it's for a single PC at a time. But it's possibile to get additional licenses with 50% discount (with even more discount, for people needing more than 2 licenses) for use on 2 PCs.

Guest Ipaq_man

If you have further questions please refer them to their support forum.We certainly do not need to read your questions here , as we want only opinions about the product.

Guest United

I love Cloud9's purchase module. Install the FULL package. Have a look around and buy it right from FS9. Perfect ! KDCA is a smallish airport really, but it looks great and better yet, it meshes perfectly with my Megascenery of the Mid-Atlantic USA. Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest thedoggg

So what if you upgrade to a new PC. You have to buy it again? All these restrictions on software use are really getting to me.Regards, Carlos

Thanks for your response, although that was not what I was hopeing to hear. Real bummer. I have several other payware scenery and aircraft installed on both computers with no problems. Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

>So what if you upgrade to a new PC. You have to buy it again?Of course NOT! The only thing you can't do (with the standard license) it's to have it active on 2 PCs at the same time.If you update or change entirely your PC, there are two possibile situations:1) you changed your PC after 90 days from your last activation. In this case, there's nothing special to do: the product will self-activate on the new hardware automatically and a new 90 days count will start.2) you changed your PC *before* 90 days from your last activation. In this case, the only difference it's you have to send a reactivation request to Cloud9 support by email, they'll reset your activation on the server and you'll be able to use it even if 90 days haven't passed yet.

Well, I got it installed and I like it. I spent a lot of time at the airport in 2004 and it looks just like I remember it. The FPS are much better than I had with Shez's DCA (not knocking Shez here, his scenery was originally for FS2002, maybe even FS2000). I particularly liked that they remade the bridges you see on approach to RWY19I am picky about these things but I do think the Cloud9 AFCAD needs a little work; however, the average user will probably not care about the issues though. These are the issues as far as I can see - all minor and easily fixable with AFCAD2:The parking at the north of the airport for US Airways regionals. Right now the radius for the parking way to large causing larger jets to park in those spots. I have never seen anything larger than a ERJ in those spots in real life. Also the parking at Terminal A is too large. The gates have a radius of 38 where they shouldn't need anything larger that 25 - that also goes for most of the airportAlso, just north of Terminal A there should be overflow parking just before you get to the old terminal. In addition, the GA parking south of Terminal A should accommodate larger aircraft. It is not uncommon to see commercial jets parked there.Perhaps some things have changed since I have not been there since 11/2004?Anyway, I love it and I can't wait to see what Flight Scenery does with the area. I have asked but never got an answer on whether they were doing DCA, IAD and the Mall.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

>We certainly do not need to read your questions here , as we>want only opinions about the product.I know FS users are not accustomed to having a fully working Trial for sceneries, so the "usual" procedure when a new scenery is released, is to wait for a fellow "guinea pig" willing to risk buying a brand new product, for his opinions.With Cloud9's buying procedure there's a better way: - you first download the scenery in total privacy ( no need to register to download )- you can test it at your pace, on your machine, for an unlimited number of 7 minutes periods (the counter restarts each time FS in launched, with no limit on the number of times and no expiry date)- after you are completely satisfied, played with settings, checked for compatibility with your installed addons, you choose to eventually buy it.

Guest TRK3586

New it would be fantastic, no questions need answering on my end. Very FPS friendly and beautifulTim