Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Can anyone check their P3D4.3 Appdata Roaming Directory?

Can anyone check their Prepar3d v4 Roaming directory and tell me if they are seeing 2 files being created right after shutdown?

Should I worry about why they are created.  I did not see these error files in 4.2 and before.  They only came up if the sim crashed.

Current Config

Zero addons and just the latest Windows 10 Pro Build 1803 with latest patches.

P3Dv4.3 works fine, but every time I exit.  I do see dxDiag and Prepar3D.cfg (text Document version) is created. It seems P3D4.3 is not exiting cleanly.

I know the hardware is fine, b/c none of these errors were every produced in any other build of P3D. 

Should I just ignore it and start adding my addons and enjoy the sim. Or is there something else going on.

Thanks,

skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Update:

I have full P3D4.3 installed.

For testing purposes - I uninstalled the Client and installed 4.2 client.  And that shows no errors on exit.  

I uninstall 4.2 client and install 4.3 client.  And exit error files are generated.  

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

From the Scenario screen: Options/General/Application/Error Reporting/Enable Content Error Reporting.  If this is checked, I think this is where the report is generated. I remember something about this in a previous version. Used by developers or something along those lines.

If the box isn't checked, then I don't know what else it could be.

Lyn

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mazo said:

From the Scenario screen: Options/General/Application/Error Reporting/Enable Content Error Reporting.  If this is checked, I think this is where the report is generated. I remember something about this in a previous version. Used by developers or something along those lines.

If the box isn't checked, then I don't know what else it could be.

Lyn

I have that option disabled, and still the same 2 files are generated.  Are these files being created on your end.  I know another user on official Prepar3d forums is having the same issue.

Well, I have many files at that location, including three folders: Controls, SimObjects, Substitutions and then many single files including the Prepar3d.cfg, etc.

Is there a name on the files you are seeing?

Lyn

2 minutes ago, Mazo said:

Well, I have many files at that location, including three folders: Controls, SimObjects, Substitutions and then many single files including the Prepar3d.cfg, etc.

Is there a name on the files you are seeing?

Lyn

Yes, right after exit you will see DxDiag file being created, and a copy of Prepar3D.cfg.TXT Text document.  It is going to be a duplicate of your Prepar3d.cfg file

OK, I have those also but I have no error when exiting Prepar3d so would not even think of looking for these files. I'm just going to continue and not worry a bit about these files.😁

Lyn

I do not have those files on my system with a clean v4.3 install.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

384.84... haven't checked for an update in a long time.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It's most certainly an add-on causing your issue ... the question is which one.  I'd check this thread on incompatible add-ons with V4.3:

Since it appears to be a DXDiag report then the primary suspects would be any 3rd party products using DX calls:

TrueGlass
RealLight
FSL
PTA
etc. 

Cheers, Rob.

FSUIPC 5.132 creates those two files on exit, at least on my system.

If I disable FSUIPC in DLL.XML, they are no longer created.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

48 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

It's most certainly an add-on causing your issue ... the question is which one.  I'd check this thread on incompatible add-ons with V4.3:

Since it appears to be a DXDiag report then the primary suspects would be any 3rd party products using DX calls:

TrueGlass
RealLight
FSL
PTA
etc. 

Cheers, Rob.

Rob actually I posted this on prepar3d forums also.  I did this with 100% clean windows installation and only Prepar3d.  Error comes with 4.3, and not with 4.2.  I tried to take all the variables out.

All I have is latest Windows 10 Pro build with the latest Nvidia Drivers.  I have done like 5 full reinstalls and only 4.3 is doing this.

Edited by Skywolf

Yeah I get this also. For me it started May 16th, which is the time I installed FSDreamteam's Vegas. The Addon Manager has been throwing me errors ever since. I just deal with it by disabling Addon Manager when i'm not using their airports.