Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Anyone try VoxATC with P3Dv4.3 yet?

Just checking to see if it will need an update....

Edited by Gridley

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hah. I'm on vacation (and away from my home PC until early next month), but VOXATC follows the P3d4 SDK, so it should continue to work. From my reading of threads both here and elsewhere on the Internet, only PTA 2, the FSL bus and FFTF Dynamic haven't yet been updated for v4.3. Those updates are expected shortly.

Thanks buddy.  I'm taking the plunge tonight, but won't likely have much time to sim until later in the week - will report back if know first!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I have just installed and very briefly tested but looks ok.   I was able to install without issue, get and respond to a clearance.  Not flown yet.

Oh, and the VoxATC panels are now viewable in VR!

Edited by Hippo

I installed 4.3 last night and the indexer ran without difficulty. Will post again after I get a chance to try it out. 

• Like 1

I flew a short VFR flight from uncontrolled KETB into Class C KMSN. VoxATC worked as well as ever, given the limitations already mentioned in this forum. I don't own a VR system, so did not get to check this out. I did not notice a huge increase in frame rates, but they did seem very steady regardless of my surroundings, which did seem to be an improvement.

If you use Active Sky, make sure to get their Beta update, because the old one does not work.

I installed the most recent version of  VoxATC and I have been successfully using it unregistered for three days in P3D 4.3 with FlyInside v1.95.

As others have noted here, to get VoxATC setup in Windows 10 64bit I had to edit the General Training text file to contain only 14 lines to prevent the ambiguous config error..

I have not been able to get the Flight Plan training to work, and the phrase editor utility does not work for me either, but every thing else does work.

I've done few GA VFR flights, and one IFR flight. One of the VFR flights did not prompt me to tune Unicom for my destination airport - I did not try the “0” menu to see if that would  work, I suspect it would’ve.

I plan to test one more day before purchasing, but so far, so good.

7 hours ago, chrisdev01 said:

I installed the most recent version of  VoxATC and I have been successfully using it unregistered for three days in P3D 4.3 with FlyInside v1.95.

As others have noted here, to get VoxATC setup in Windows 10 64bit I had to edit the General Training text file to contain only 14 lines to prevent the ambiguous config error..

I have not been able to get the Flight Plan training to work, and the phrase editor utility does not work for me either, but every thing else does work.

I've done few GA VFR flights, and one IFR flight. One of the VFR flights did not prompt me to tune Unicom for my destination airport - I did not try the “0” menu to see if that would  work, I suspect it would’ve.

I plan to test one more day before purchasing, but so far, so good.

If your destination airport was uncontrolled, you will not get a prompt. There is a thread about that in this forum. You can request a frequency change (ignore the prompts after that) tune to Unicom, ask for airport conditions, self announce, etc. You can also tune to FSS to close your flight plan. 

48 minutes ago, Mad_Mac said:

If your destination airport was uncontrolled, you will not get a prompt. There is a thread about that in this forum. You can request a frequency change (ignore the prompts after that) tune to Unicom, ask for airport conditions, self announce, etc. You can also tune to FSS to close your flight plan. 

Thanks Mac, I’ll try that approach (pun intended).

Great - thanks all!  I'm just downloading v4.3 as we speak and will give it a go this weekend!

I just installed 4.3 and VoxATC seems to work OK.  But, with the missing developer, if this wasn't the only game in town that also controls AI, I'd go where there is some semblance of support.

• Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I'm back from the West Coast and I have tested VOXATC with P3d 4.3 and I have seen nothing unusual.

• Like 1

I used it yesterday in P3DV4.3, and it's working pretty good.  Unfortunately there are still issues with airports installed via the addon.xml method and no VOX controlled AI traffic (with UTLive anyway).  I still use UT Live so I see traffic, but there is no interaction with VOX ATC.  I had an issue with no takeoff clearance at Flightbeam's KPHX, and I assume it's because it it installed via the xml method.  Not a huge issue.  I took off anyway and contacted ATC again later in the flight and it seemed to work ok.

The thing I don't like in any version is that I am always given descent clearance way too late, and am constantly having to do missed approaches.

6 hours ago, scotth6 said:

I used it yesterday in P3DV4.3, and it's working pretty good.  Unfortunately there are still issues with airports installed via the addon.xml method and no VOX controlled AI traffic (with UTLive anyway).  I still use UT Live so I see traffic, but there is no interaction with VOX ATC.  I had an issue with no takeoff clearance at Flightbeam's KPHX, and I assume it's because it it installed via the xml method.  Not a huge issue.  I took off anyway and contacted ATC again later in the flight and it seemed to work ok.

The thing I don't like in any version is that I am always given descent clearance way too late, and am constantly having to do missed approaches.

This is not a perfect solution, but you can calculate your decent point. (Altitude divided by decent rate tells you how many minutes out. Multiply your speed by time in tenths of an hour and you have a decent point) contact approach and request decent for landing before reaching the point. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scotth6 said:

It was from Tegwyn the VoxAtc author, quoted from an user on Aerosoft forum.

"Go to c:\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC X

Find the file VASettings.xml and make a backup copy of it.

Under <Settings> Add a new line

<DescentRatio Value="3.5" />"

Ensure that you add these lines exactly as shown.

Try with "3.5"...Sorry, the problem is that I don't remember if it needs to set a value bigger or smaller than 3.5 (+-default value), to go down sooner or later. In the Fsx version of Vox I had set as value=2.5. It seemed appropriate. I didn't add this parameter in Vox for P3Dv4 for the good reason that the descent clearance seemed to correspond more or less to the ToD of the Fmc.

Give it a try and find what's right for you. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt
  • Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|