Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Anyone try VoxATC with P3Dv4.3 yet?

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, DrumsArt said:

It was from Tegwyn the VoxAtc author, quoted from an user on Aerosoft forum.

"Go to c:\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC X

Find the file VASettings.xml and make a backup copy of it.

Under <Settings> Add a new line

<DescentRatio Value="3.5" />" 

Ensure that you add these lines exactly as shown.

Try with "3.5"...Sorry, the problem is that I don't remember if it needs to set a value bigger or smaller than 3.5 (+-default value), to go down sooner or later. In the Fsx version of Vox I had set as value=2.5. It seemed appropriate. I didn't add this parameter in Vox for P3Dv4 for the good reason that the descent clearance seemed to correspond more or less to the ToD of the Fmc.

Give it a try and find what's right for you. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Has anyone tried this?  I don't have this file in VoxATC X but I do in VoxATC p3D 4.  Plus, I don't think that last quotation mark is supposed to be there, is it?  It should just be: 

<DescentRatio Value="3.5" />

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

13 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

1-Has anyone tried this?

2-I don't have this file in VoxATC X but I do in VoxATC p3D 4.

3-Plus, I don't think that last quotation mark is supposed to be there, is it?  It should just be: 

1-Yes, me ("In the Fsx version of Vox I had set as value=2.5. It seemed appropriate.") and some others!

2-Just in case, this file is in the path I specified and not in the main VoxAtc folder. This file has been present since the beginning...

3-You're right, this quote is only there to close the full quote. It can actually be confusing...I should have written without quoting:

Go to c:\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC X

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

15 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

1-Yes, me ("In the Fsx version of Vox I had set as value=2.5. It seemed appropriate.") and some others!

2-Just in case, this file is in the path I specified and not in the main VoxAtc folder. This file has been present since the beginning...

3-You're right, this quote is only there to close the full quote. It can actually be confusing...I should have written without quoting:

Go to c:\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC X

Regards,

Thanks for the clarification.  I still don't have the VASettings.xml file in the VoxATC X folder only in the VoxATC P3D 4 folder (c:\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4).

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

11 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I still don't have the VASettings.xml file in the VoxATC X folder only in the VoxATC P3D folder.

Did you get a good look there: C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC X?

VoxAtc X is installed there for me : D:\Program Files\Internal Workings\VoxATC X but the file in question is on the path I gave you.

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Oui, I have that folder in the location that you note, but there are only two .xml files in it: voicecfg.xml and voiceSettings.xml.  The VASettings.xml is in c:\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4.  I added the line to that one and we'll see how (if) it works later today.  Merci!

Rick Abshier

edit

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776