Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

My thoughts about the new 732 aircraft.

Shame you weren't helping with the development seeing as you are so well versed on operating a 737-200, especially given your skill at slewing.Please enjoy the other free aircraft out there :).Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest MD11Forever

>Bad bad aircraft.. not only the flight dynamics file is>TERRIBLE.. the whole system simulations lack the the true>foundation of realism>I'm glad that flight1 decided to donate their poorly developed>b737 flight model but that just doesnt cut it >>For example ,parking at the gate at a undisclosed location i>hit the letter Y to slew to the parking point, as soon as i>repressed Y the plane began to fly like a maniac WITH ENGINES>OFF... ##### is wrong with it !?!?>>During a departure the flight tends to turn left on it's own>(Yes my joystick is calibrated and winds were only 5 knots) at>some point the plane actually rolled on its horizontal axis>and started stalling.>>In short, although this is a freeware i 'd have to give this>addon big thumbs DOWN.>>P.S- yes i did install the patch.The slewing issue you refer to is caused by your aircraft not being on the ground when coming out of slew mode. It will happen with any aircraft- not just this 732. There is a keystroke to use when slewing to make sure you are planted firmlyon the ground, but it escapes me at the moment. Haven't slewed anywhere in a long time.

Guest JSPuonti

I believe F1 and F2 move the plane down, while F3 and F4 move the plane up (while slewing). Pressing F1 once and waiting for the plane to slam into ground should do the trick.

As to your flight dynamics concerns, how long have you held your ATP certification? Are you type-certified on the 737?Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Ipaq_man

for about 2 and a half years.

Guest rpjkw1155

I have no problem with the 732 turning left or right on climb out. The only "problem" I've had on take off was my own doing: I had too much trim dialed in. Easily corrected.As for slewing, I haven't use the slew function for 2+ years.Keep messing with the 732; it's really not bad at all. For me, it's a toss up between this 732 and Eric Cantu's. I like 'em both about the same.Bob

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Man, judging by your condescention and lack of manners, you'd almost think you paid for it. :-lol But you didn't, it was a gift. So take it easy. Don't like it? Uninstall it.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

You'd also think he was at most about 15 years old.

I also find that when I set the trim to what seems reasonable (I don't have a chart for it) there is way too much trim on T/O. OTOH, I really like the engine response. I have no idea how it compares to the real thing, but if feels "reasonable".scott s..

Wonderful semiliterate commentary from a member of the community for what, three weeks now, who claims to be an ATP-rated pilot, but uses goofy terminology like "the plane started rolling on its horizontal axis and stalled." This reminds me of a favorite scene from the movie "Saving Private Ryan"(German voice on loudspeaker) "Zee statue of liberty eez kaput!!"(Capt John Ryan) "Well...I find that very disconcerting."When I slew any aircraft in FS, I always hit the "A" key before leaving slew mode to ensure the acft is sitting all the way down on the gear. I've had the runaway after slew thing happen with planes from PMDG, PSS, and Level-D before...I recognize it for what it is...a MSFS "feature" that can be worked around like many others.Anyway, I find this all very disconcerting. :-lolRegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile>Bad bad aircraft.. not only the flight dynamics file is>TERRIBLE.. the whole system simulations lack the the true>foundation of realism>I'm glad that flight1 decided to donate their poorly developed>b737 flight model but that just doesnt cut it >>For example ,parking at the gate at a undisclosed location i>hit the letter Y to slew to the parking point, as soon as i>repressed Y the plane began to fly like a maniac WITH ENGINES>OFF... ##### is wrong with it !?!?>>During a departure the flight tends to turn left on it's own>(Yes my joystick is calibrated and winds were only 5 knots) at>some point the plane actually rolled on its horizontal axis>and started stalling.>>In short, although this is a freeware i 'd have to give this>addon big thumbs DOWN.>>P.S- yes i did install the patch.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob,thanks for your response, you spoke my mind. Really funny what some people think about add-on software before doing their research or possibly re-calibrating their joystick's/yoke's :-)Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/3200DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.84.21), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

funnily enough,my opinion is the exact opposite.i think this is a great great combination,and i am TOTALLY awed tyhat i finally havea gravel kitted 737 combi to play with.it's really great to see Tinmouse live on!cheersJP.

Guest Ipaq_man

I am willing to bet that 99% of the users who responded to this post do not have even a single hour of real flyingI on the other hand have almost 1507 hours flying jets,turboprops and single engine planes.