Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Speaker Question

Just out of curiosity, my grandson's like flight sim, but can't hear what is going on while I'm on headset.  So my question is, would it be possible to set up my Bose speakers  that I use when not on FSX to somehow allow them to hear not only the ATC chatter but my transmissions also.  I can't seem to get it set up to do both.  I can bring up the ATC chatter on the speakers but then I can't seem to use the headset to communicate while flying.  Is this possible?  And if it is, how do I set it up.  Thanks.

Rodger

C130E

I use an amplifier and stereo speakers plugged in to the computer green sound plug.

Plugging a microphone into the pink input of that system simply induces mind blowing feedback in the speakers.

You might like to try a dedicated pcie sound card and plug  your headphones and microphone into the default sound system but I do not know if this would work. In normal cases you have headphones OR speakers and I do not know if anyone can change that.

Good luck

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

In P2A Config, you can set the Output device in the Speech Tab.  Just select the Speakers in the drop-down box.

Leave the Headset Microphone set as the Default Recording Device in Windows.

You will then hear everything from P2A over the speakers and be able to talk to ATC on the headset mic.  You will not be able to hear your voice on the speakers. 

Dave

• Like 1

Another alternative... get two audio splitters (sold at many different places) and buy them cheap (but nice) headphones or use ear bugs for them.

Nice to see you're training the next generation of flight simmers!

Best wishes!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks for the input guys.  Dave, I think I'll try your advice and see how the boys like it.  Much appreciated.

Rodger

Update:  Just tried your suggestion Dave, and it works perfectly.  Thanks.

Edited by C130FE

3 hours ago, C130FE said:

Thanks for the input guys.  Dave, I think I'll try your advice and see how the boys like it.  Much appreciated.

Rodger

Update:  Just tried your suggestion Dave, and it works perfectly.  Thanks.

You are most welcome my friend.  I do this for people visiting me when they want to check out flight sim.

I think involving the kids in flight sim is a WONDERFUL idea, and if you get them involved with an airliner (I'd recommend the upcoming Aerosoft Airbus Professional or the PMDG 737 NGX) it will certainly peak their interest and keep their minds engaged!  First though, is basic flying skills of course.

Best wishes for Happy Flights for you and you're crew!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.