Sign in to follow this  
Guest SuperFortress

Flying Career?

Guest SuperFortress

Hello to everyone. I am a 33 year old computer network administrator but my true passion has always been aviation and flying. I have been obsessed with flight sims for as long as they have existed and I even took some real life flying lessons. Although I enjoy my current line of work, it is still nothing that I'm honestly passionate about. What I have always really wanted is a career in aviation, flight in particular. Unfortunately circumstances such as money and other issues have always been roadblocks. My question is this. At my current age, what sort of possible career options do I have in the field aviation, piloting in particular. Is it too late to try for a commercial pilot? What other options exist out there in terms of a real career? Thank you.

Guest Divergent Phugoid

The generally accepted answer is: Possibly not, so long as you don't expect a shiney jet job as your first job. I've sent you an email.

Guest SuperFortress

>The generally accepted answer is: Possibly not, so long as>you don't expect a shiney jet job as your first job. I've sent>you an email.Oh I absolutely understand that. I realize I would have to start from the ground up no matter what. I definitely have no illusions about this. I just wanted to know my possibilities. Thank you