Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

GE vs GE Pro, textures themselves worth the upgrade?

I have GE and understand how GEpro creates different textures for different cloud conditions.But I am looking for opinion on whether the GEPro textures themselves are all that much better than GE, and worth the upgrade for that reason alone.Thanks,Greg

Greg Clark

Guest allcott

Yes. Definitely.Allcott

Add another to the yes pile.They have almost a 3D look from above. Amazing to say the least, weather features or not.

Another yes. The GE Pro textures are the best that flightsimming has to offer at this point when it comes to scenery.Pat

Guest Water Mango

Sounds like allot of file swapping everytime FS is loaded (updating the ground to match sky conditions). Better have a good disk defragmenter for GE Pro.All the same the GE Pro textures do look quite good...

You don't "have" to swap textures. I just loaded mine and left them....

Right now I'm getting great satisfaction from just the base GEP texture set.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest Water Mango

Can you post a couple of screenshots of both dawn and dusk with the GEPro textures??? I hate the red look of some of the ASV6 textures for dusk. It makes the VC look blood red with some add-ons (PSS 777, LDS 767, and PMDG 744 to name a few)...Thanks...

Guest Tingoose

Add me to the list of those who think it worth updating just for the texture improvement.