Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

3 noob questions

Guest SuperKungFu

Hi i just got into MS2004 (yea i know its kinda late since FSX is about to be released this year). Anyway, i got 3 questions for MS20041.) Is there a way to take multiple screenshots in the game? I hit print screen but it doesn't get saved into a specific folder, so at the end of the day i only end up with one picture and that would be the last picture i take and i simply paste it in adobe or something. 2.) I run on the resolution 1440x900. Everything looks fine like the ratio except for the 2d panel (its slightly stretch but i guess there's no way to fix that correct?) Also Any resolution higher than 800x600, the main menu screen looks like thismenuMedium.jpgIs there any way to fill up those black spaces?3.) does anyone have a good X-52 profile? Hopefully one that takes advantage of all 3 modes.

1) Use a screenshot utility program, such as Grabber2k, or anyone of a dozen or more that are freely available.2) Always use a screen resolution that is 4:3 ratio, such as 1024x768, 1280x960, 1600x1200, 1792x1344 etc.No, that's just the way that screen is designed.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

i just got into MS2004 = SuperKungfu.Bless your heart. I don't know..that just cracked me up.... :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I like the handle SUPERKUNGFU hehehhMine is just my old Wing Commander callsign, not too creative ha haRhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest SuperKungFu

lol thanks guys for the positive feedback guys. Anyway, does anyone have a good X-52 profile?And back to question 2: why did microsoft made the menu screen like that?

Guest jaapverduijn

I dunno why they made it like that, but I can venture a guess: because there was no other useful information to put on that particular screen. So lemme ask you another question (grin!): what are you missing there? In other words: what would YOU fill up the surrounding space with? Inquiring minds want to know...Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest SuperKungFu

I guess just make it full screen rather than a small box in the middle of the screen.

Guest jaapverduijn

Fair enough.Jaap.

yeah, I hate that, too. Imagine how small it is at 1920 x 1200.It is possible to make the screen less stretched for 2D panels, but, you gotta do it your self. You would have to make a screen background at the correct ratio for your screen, call out the correct ratio size in the panel file, and then place the gauges appropriately on the new background. And you have to do that for each panel. I've done it for 3 or 4 of my favorite planes (duplicates of the airplane in which I own a 1/4 share), but that's about it. I use VC just about all the time anyway, so there's no impact there.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg