Well actually, here in Oklahoma unless you give a business permission to use you as a referral it is illegal for them to do so; regardless of whether the referral is private or corporate. I just assumed that was the normal. As such, him not disclosing the information is what I would expect.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 hours ago, EdwardSm said:

Well actually, here in Oklahoma unless you give a business permission to use you as a referral it is illegal for them to do so; regardless of whether the referral is private or corporate. I just assumed that was the normal. As such, him not disclosing the information is what I would expect.

Yes, it's the law where I live too.

I'm seriously considering this one too. Seems I fly mostly on choppy days IRL so it would be nice to feel more of that in the controller. Same with flares. Since I don't have a lot of experience with sim yokes, I don't know if this is considered weak or low travel. But I have a nice VR rig and I'd like to have a great yoke to go with. I was gonna buy the Yoko but I might as well spend a little more for FF.

Has anyone reached out to Justin? Seems his review has been waited on with bated breath.

On 12/6/2018 at 9:48 AM, MarkDH said:

Yes, it's the law where I live too.

.. he can always ask the customer for his consent & permission, shouldn't be such a big deal, especially if you want to prompt your product, after all we are not dealing here with something that can compromise the Nation security, it is only a Yoke after all, not easy pulling $1,500 out of your pocket with no option to put your hand on & Test Drive it .. but maybe business is so good and there is no need to get out of your way to help a potential customer to make a decision   

Cheers

Yair

Edited by N1125Y

True, or maybe because he is EU and does not keep an international list of references? Just saying that although the request itself seems reasonable from a customer point of view, the reply seems practical from an international business point of view as well. In other words I can't fault him for not maintaining a list of contacts that are fine with allowing strangers to come and inspect the equipment he makes in every country he has sold to. 

.. come on,  can you imagine yourself Flying School that will say no to a potential customer that want to come and try the facility Simulator..... no way