Justin Tolerable

Thoughts on Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke?

Well actually, here in Oklahoma unless you give a business permission to use you as a referral it is illegal for them to do so; regardless of whether the referral is private or corporate. I just assumed that was the normal. As such, him not disclosing the information is what I would expect.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 hours ago, EdwardSm said:

Well actually, here in Oklahoma unless you give a business permission to use you as a referral it is illegal for them to do so; regardless of whether the referral is private or corporate. I just assumed that was the normal. As such, him not disclosing the information is what I would expect.

Yes, it's the law where I live too.

I'm seriously considering this one too. Seems I fly mostly on choppy days IRL so it would be nice to feel more of that in the controller. Same with flares. Since I don't have a lot of experience with sim yokes, I don't know if this is considered weak or low travel. But I have a nice VR rig and I'd like to have a great yoke to go with. I was gonna buy the Yoko but I might as well spend a little more for FF.

Has anyone reached out to Justin? Seems his review has been waited on with bated breath.

On 12/6/2018 at 9:48 AM, MarkDH said:

Yes, it's the law where I live too.

.. he can always ask the customer for his consent & permission, shouldn't be such a big deal, especially if you want to prompt your product, after all we are not dealing here with something that can compromise the Nation security, it is only a Yoke after all, not easy pulling $1,500 out of your pocket with no option to put your hand on & Test Drive it .. but maybe business is so good and there is no need to get out of your way to help a potential customer to make a decision   

Cheers

Yair

Edited by N1125Y

True, or maybe because he is EU and does not keep an international list of references? Just saying that although the request itself seems reasonable from a customer point of view, the reply seems practical from an international business point of view as well. In other words I can't fault him for not maintaining a list of contacts that are fine with allowing strangers to come and inspect the equipment he makes in every country he has sold to. 

.. come on,  can you imagine yourself Flying School that will say no to a potential customer that want to come and try the facility Simulator..... no way

Did you actually buy this yoke? I'm thinking setting up a flight-sim with decent controllers to aid in my flight training (GA). And this is on of the most interesting yokes I came across so far (RedBird YH1 and Yoko being the others, but they don't have force feedback). Is the shorter travel (90mm) actually an issue? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:27 PM, StevenD said:

Did you actually buy this yoke? I'm thinking setting up a flight-sim with decent controllers to aid in my flight training (GA). And this is on of the most interesting yokes I came across so far (RedBird YH1 and Yoko being the others, but they don't have force feedback). Is the shorter travel (90mm) actually an issue? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

.... this Yoke has been in the market for over a year by now, and still no reviews on the Web, wonder why, and it is kind of a thing that make you hesitated. I seriously, looking for a FFB Yoke, but wouldn't dare to pull the plastic until I'll building some trust and confidence that this is the real thing  ..... 

Cheers

Yair      

The Brunner is very much the real thing. Real company, with a range of products built mainly for the professional simulator sector. Built in Switzerland, with all that implies about precision manufacturing. Well supported. I've had a software fix identified, coded and pushed to me in a mater of hours. Really first-class stuff.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 10:04 PM, HamSammich said:

The Brunner is very much the real thing. Real company, with a range of products built mainly for the professional simulator sector. Built in Switzerland, with all that implies about precision manufacturing. Well supported. I've had a software fix identified, coded and pushed to me in a mater of hours. Really first-class stuff.

.. I'm not questioning the reputation of the Company, but as a customer that need some support to justify the substantial amount of $$ he need to invest in a specific product, this is not some stuff that you purchase from Amazon and can easily return back for a full refund .. I was looking on the company site and even there couldn't find anything about the NG. ... looking on other forums and youtube as well as trying to find a local user ... and nothing, null, zero .. a bit odd, no ?            

do you have the CLS-E NG ?

Cheers

Yair

Same here...looking for someone who bought the CLS-E-NG to give a descent review please! 

Posted (edited)

I found this review useful, but waiting for the 2nd video showing it installed and working.

Edited by MartinRex007

Thanks for the video link.  If nothing else, it did answer one question for me - looking at the range of motion, it does seem to my eyes to be sufficient to my needs.  That was the one concern I had vs the more expensive Brunner.  Hope to see the followup video soon, though I note this one was posted about 3 months ago.

Scott

On 3/29/2019 at 1:01 AM, tttocs said:

Thanks for the video link.  If nothing else, it did answer one question for me - looking at the range of motion, it does seem to my eyes to be sufficient to my needs.  That was the one concern I had vs the more expensive Brunner.  Hope to see the followup video soon, though I note this one was posted about 3 months ago.

Scott

I have the expensive yoke and for your info: the travel to the up and down stop = 155 mm and the lengt of the shaft is: 260 mm.

Regards
Jo va Bra

I am about to pull the trigger on the CLS-E. 15 cm from stop to stop is about the minimum I would like to have. I see really long stroke in airliners to be honest. Would be nice if an NG owner shares his experience though.

>>do you have the CLS-E NG ?

Yair,

No. I have the more expensive one, the CLS-E

marshall

I just ordered the CLS-E bundle... my pocket hurts 😄 Hope I will forget that when I have them running

• Like 1

Blaser,

Cool, look forward to your thoughts after you've had a chance to get everything set up!

Cheers

Martin

Doesn't anyone own the NG model? Really don't want to spend the money on the E, if the NG will suffice...but their is just no info out there??

On 5/8/2019 at 9:42 PM, Flyboychris1 said:

Doesn't anyone own the NG model? Really don't want to spend the money on the E, if the NG will suffice...but their is just no info out there??

...that is what is i'm trying to figure out for quite some time, unfortunately, with very little of luck, seems like this model though way more affordable, is not very popular, I contacted the manufacturer and got, kind, of elusive response that doesn't, really, encourage me to pull the Plastic.

There is a youtube clip that is not more than nice introduction, wish he would post more throughly view

Cheers

Yair  

I'm just designing up my next sim rig. It will be plate alloy, all bolt up and should pack away into 3 or 4 big suitcases. It's based on using the Brunner controls and they will come when we get our bonus for this year.  If there's much left after HMRC gets their slice , that is.

CLS-E pedals and Yoke and Joystick base. I'll be building a seat, instrument panel and all adjustments on Autocad, to use water jet cut thin alloy sheet, bonding some sheets together for a lightweight strong sectional setup. Replaceable seat side plates to look like a GA seat or Ejection seat. Removable side panels to give partial, or full side panels for the fast jet look. Various upper front side panels to mount Warthog throttles, Saitek quadrants or Warthog joystick base. Can give left or right sidestick/throttle options. Cessna TPM side mount to panel too. 

Should be finished sometime this Winter and the Autocad design means it can be reproduced anytime or modified. Alloy is only £75 per 8ftx4ft sheet so cost of the whole thing will be quite a bit less than the Yoke and pedals alone!

The pass through on the Rift S will be very useful! Just got to survive a long Summer of flying first....

On 5/14/2019 at 2:08 PM, MarkJHarris said:

I'm just designing up my next sim rig. It will be plate alloy, all bolt up and should pack away into 3 or 4 big suitcases. It's based on using the Brunner controls and they will come when we get our bonus for this year.  If there's much left after HMRC gets their slice , that is.

CLS-E pedals and Yoke and Joystick base. I'll be building a seat, instrument panel and all adjustments on Autocad, to use water jet cut thin alloy sheet, bonding some sheets together for a lightweight strong sectional setup. Replaceable seat side plates to look like a GA seat or Ejection seat. Removable side panels to give partial, or full side panels for the fast jet look. Various upper front side panels to mount Warthog throttles, Saitek quadrants or Warthog joystick base. Can give left or right sidestick/throttle options. Cessna TPM side mount to panel too. 

Should be finished sometime this Winter and the Autocad design means it can be reproduced anytime or modified. Alloy is only £75 per 8ftx4ft sheet so cost of the whole thing will be quite a bit less than the Yoke and pedals alone!

The pass through on the Rift S will be very useful! Just got to survive a long Summer of flying first....

..seems like very ambitious and costly Project, woild be nice if you share the progress with the Sim community 

Good luck  

I will. 

The Brunner kit is expensive, but rest is remarkably not considering. The biggest other cost would be the Autocad licence, but my kids school email sorts that, and I can teach them how to use it as well.

The hard work is the design. Once done, I can make new bits easily. Joystick centre base for Warthog, no problem,. Saitek quadrant, no problem. Custom platform for different yoke, or a monitor, again, it should integrate nicely.

At least that's the plan.

Off to Belfast to do some hotel standby this weekend- that's when I get productive!

Best wishes all.