Sign in to follow this  
Guest sssummer

Ground Environment Vs. Megascenery SoCal

Guest product

Hi All,I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on which package would be better for flying low and slow over southern california- Ground Environment or Megascenery? All thoughts appreciated, thanks!Best,Joel

Since GE Pro came out I got rid of all my MS titles and sold them on EBAY.

very simple: Megascenery! GE PRO is nice to liven up the dull stock MS textures but photoscenery is depiction of the real thing. Never seen such beautiful mountains in SO/NOCAL. no problems with blurries at long as you have a moderate decent system and good settings.So I would love to see my FS world totally covered in photoreal scenery (so not the photo realistic texture tiles)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

I flew VFR from from KMYF to KBLH last night and the quality of the graphics with FSG Landclass and Mesh, Ultimate Terrain and Ground Environment Pro is impressing - absolutely good enough for a VFR flight. I could identify all of the major landmarks, roads, lakes and VORs and that's good enough for me.I do have a video of the real-life flight from my flight school and it looked pretty darn close.Pat(Edit for typo)

I own them both and I greatly prefer GE Pro.The Megascenery uninstall program works very well.flyking

Guest United

I love my SoCal and NoCal Megascenery and use them for flying at 2500 to 5000. GEPro works great in the vast areas not covered by Megascenery. THe problem I see is that FSX will likely not be able to accomodate Megascenery with its new moving objects and such. So I am gonna stop purchasing Megascenery products for the time being.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest sssummer

THe problem I see is that FSX will>likely not be able to accomodate Megascenery with its new>moving objects and such. That's a pretty broad assumption. I think it's a matter of taste. For me, I prefer photoreal for everything, because there is nothing like flying over the real thing. However, low and slow flyers, if you mean under 3,000 AGL, probably would prefer GE.