Sign in to follow this  
olspsd08

Jetways dissapearing

I had this issue in V4.2 with most of my airport jetways missing. All you would see are the main airport buildings or the buildings which connect the jetway but the moving jetways on most airports are gone. Some of my scenery affected that ive noticed LIMC, ENGM,ENVA and all DD scenery just to name a few. It isnt the end of the world not having them but since we are trying to simulate the real thing, would be nice to have. When i was with P3D v4.1 i didnt have this issue. I am using WIN 7 64bit P3d V4.3 SODE 1.6.3/FSUIPC5. Thank you for any help.

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

Helps to know if the jetways are the default type or SODE jetways.  The default type are placed by the airport's AF file (AFCAD) and if this is the case then i could be because the jetways have a display attribute set higher than your display setting, For example, they might be set to very dense and your setting is only dense.  If they are SODE jetways then  they are place by files provided by the addon and installed to the SODE programdata folders.  If not installed correctly, or the SODE module is not "registered" with P3D then that would explain their disappearance.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

They are SODE jetways. I installed P3D V4.3 today and did a clean install of SODE and FSUIPC5. I have the scenery complexity all the way to the right like i read in some forums and still nothing. I have tried removing SODE from all the folders user/appdata etc and do a clean reinstall but nothing. If i reinstall the airports, they will have the jetways and then when i restart P3D after a few flights a day or 2 later, the jetways are gone again. 

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

1 hour ago, olspsd08 said:

They are SODE jetways. I installed P3D V4.3 today and did a clean install of SODE and FSUIPC5. I have the scenery complexity all the way to the right like i read in some forums and still nothing. I have tried removing SODE from all the folders user/appdata etc and do a clean reinstall but nothing. If i reinstall the airports, they will have the jetways and then when i restart P3D after a few flights a day or 2 later, the jetways are gone again. 

With the simulator running, test the SODE dll connection.  You use the P3D addon menu and select SODE and select test connection. If connection is working then you need to ask the scenery developer for support.  Most developers install xml files to the SODE directory for placement of their jetways and it is possible to start troubleshooting from there.  DD does the opposite and encodes all their SODE stuff for whatever reason, and it requires you to rely on them to fix your problems.

Dan Downs KCRP

I sent a SODE log to the dev so waiting to hear back but from reading on his forum, folks are having some of the same issues im having. Im sure it will get squared away.

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

I tested SODE on the addon menu and the connection and it worked but then i pressed TAB+S and it showed "no items found within certain kilometers". What's the best way to really remove a file besides the appdata/user/roaming etc. 

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

I read on the SODE forum that removing default aircraft from the simobjects folder seems to bring back the jetways but not sure how to do it. When you tinker too much with the inner workings sometimes can make a bad problem worse. Is there a step by step to this? Thanks.

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

7 hours ago, olspsd08 said:

I read on the SODE forum that removing default aircraft from the simobjects folder seems to bring back the jetways but not sure how to do it. When you tinker too much with the inner workings sometimes can make a bad problem worse. Is there a step by step to this? Thanks.

I don't understand why that would work either.  If you want to try it you can do what I do, which is I create a folder in the simobjects\airplanes folder and name it LM Hangar.  Then just move default aircraft folders to the LM Hangar, I do it to reduce the size of the "select vehicle" aircraft list.

If the only locations you are having problems with are DD products, then I would wait for them to fix it.  The last time they had to fix everything was the previous SODE update, and that only took a few days I think.

Dan Downs KCRP

DD, flightbeam, Flytampa. I'm feeling this is a SODE thing more than anything but eh...not the end of the world. Like you said, fixes come quick these days. 

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

5 hours ago, olspsd08 said:

DD, flightbeam, Flytampa. I'm feeling this is a SODE thing more than anything but eh...not the end of the world. Like you said, fixes come quick these days. 

Then this is different.  I am not having a SODE problem (with Flightbeam, FlyTampa, FSDT etc... I don't have any DD), I'm not sure how many others are reporting this problem in the SODE forum but that is probably the place to hang out to resolve your issue.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, olspsd08 said:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE and click on SODEPlatformManager.exe. Check under the p3dv4 tab to if SODE is still registered. If not just click on register and check the scenery again. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Jal, ill reinstall client and SODE and see where it goes. I checked the platform manager and P3Dv4 is all green. I've checked SODE forum some folks have the same issue. Thanks gents.

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF