Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

GE Pro Screenshot Request

Guest dakotafan

Hi, Could someone with GEPro do a screenshot for me for KPHF at about5000 feet? Thanks in advance. Dave

from what i gather it is exactly like GE but it just has clouds and other functions (which FE still does much better at).so there should be no ground change

Actually GE Pro changes the ground textures according to the weather you are flying in, and some ground textures have been improved.

Guest Tingoose

What Michael says is correct and in addition there is an 'advanced' option to colourise/colorize your own textures, (ground and sky) to come up with a custom set to suit your own tastes. I've used this feature and came up with a set that I feel looks like the summer, sun scorched textures we are seeing in the UK right now, well in southern England anyway! I've also had some fun creating subtle colorotions to the sky textures, again to try to reproduce the milky, washed out blue we often get in the UK.

Guest dakotafan

Thanks for the replies guys...I believe I need to rephrase my request. I was interested in seeing the surrounding area near KPHF.Wanted to take a look at it versus BEV textures. Dave

Guest Peter Wilding

GE does not have clouds and the GE PRO textutures are much improved than the GE standard pakage. The sky in GE PRO is also improved compated to FE.Yes some of the textures in GE are similar to GE PRO but around 66% of the textures in GE PRO are completely changed compared to GE.In particular, GE PRO has special textures for the topical areas, Miami, Hawaii, parts of Europe, all deserests and forest and tree lines have been vastly improved in PRO. Many, many other improvements also to the base textures so even if you don't use the more advanced features of GE PRO there is still something for everyone.Peter Wilding,

Guest dakotafan

Hmmm...now you've got me thinking!!! Thanks, Dave

Guest JTEK99

dakotafan:Here are two shots, from two different angles, just about due north of KPHF looking southwards:http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/4578/fs...03110328kn6.jpgAnd the other....http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/8472/fs...03328343wg9.jpgSort of a clear day over the area; I have 122 texture sets created in GEPro so there can be some decent variance depending on the weather. Absolutely awesome package as far as I'm concerned; the changes are subtle, but outstanding. Hope this helps.

Does GE Pro fiddle with cloud textures as well? Does it get along wtih ActiveSky VI ok?

Guest JTEK99

>Does GE Pro fiddle with cloud textures as well? Does it get>along wtih ActiveSky VI ok? JMR:GE Pro doesn't fiddle at all with cloud textures and works just fine with AS6. GE Pro changes (a) ground and (:( sky textures. I use GE Pro for my ground/sky, Flight Environment for my clouds, and AS6 for the weather; I do not use ActiveSky's graphics engine at all (and sometimes I use WeatherMakerPro as well for weather).Everything works beautifully.

Guest macman4

JTEK99, I have all three GEpro, FE, and AS6. Could you share how you set up all 3 to work with FS9, Thank's, Bob

Guest allcott

Bob, If you check out the flight 1 forums, there's already a number of posts there on that subject.Allcott

Guest PPSFA

Short version is:AS sets the weather and textures unless you disable the AS GraphixsFE does the cloud and water texturesGEP does the sky and ground textures