Sign in to follow this  
psouthan

Going out of my tiny mind - Unable to connect Simconnect

Hello,

Thank you for pausing to take a look at my problem. I am going out of my mind trying to get Simconnect to work with Active Sky next with Prepar3dv4. I have tried following several guides to no avail. I have Windows 10 all up-to-date on both computers I wish to connect. One strange anomaly I have observed is that in the Network Settings in Windows 10 I can see both PCs connected in one but not on the server machine (the one hosting Prepar3d). However I am able to communicate and access the server PC from the Client PC. If I turn on the Server machine first I can see both PCs available on my network but then the Client PC can't see the Server PC. It is a fresh install of Prepar3d V4.2

I have attached copies of the configuration of all the files I believe are required. I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me on this one

Thank you for your time 

Paul

y4maVnUVT0ultl0pPW104a6uSj7rYG-fRVhJbwp4 

Simconnect.xml on the Server PC

y4m2GLMeu88TnbUdoQc-nP0eRUz2GMGxKUXkZLfU

Simconnect.cfg on the Server PC

y4mkm4-8fazS-MtZ7qpXo4d4ePdwNH40R9VYjZ8K

Client PC Displaying available Networks

y4mklZ5sbDnRjIuXy5xIDePi6KbpoRuB-CDc9kuN

Server PC (running Prepar3dv4) Displaying available Networks

y4mdL1bHBqCU4183pu5hFF3sO0fyFo96g1yfLZGc

Client PC Simconnect.cfg

y4mhIHzGcGOGNbBlFEXbw09jdcuT1utCqdThllKV

Client PC Simconnect.cfg

y4mAe11gvMauHum8iHx3-MSy_6EbPvdmh43EjzM6

Apps showing installed Simconnects

y4mrmx74s1XUz-7bckhuloIexNRK1sMSfNUprXzE

Hello,,,

just wondering, but is there any particular reason you’re using 2 network adapters on your P3D host?? Both are being referenced in your simconnect.cfg file. With that, what is the IP address of your Active Sky client computer? What is the subnet mask for that machine?

mike

This looks like you have those config files mixed up.

From top to bottom in your post:

• The simconnect.xml file is the server configuration, it belongs on the Server PC
  • The simconnect.cfg file below that is the client configuration, it needs to be on the Client PC
  • What you list as the last simconnect.cfg on the client is wrong. This is actually the simconnect.ini on the Server PC. It is optional, you only need it, if you want to debug SimConnect

See the spec in the manual C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Learning Center.chm:

SDK->Simconnect API->Configuration Files->SimConnect Configuration

As Michael has pointed out, you only need to configure one of your IPv4 addresses and ports, not both at the same time. I suggest that you use the 192.xx because it will most likely be the local IP of your server.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Here is my configuration:

On the SERVER, which has the address 192.168.178.55 there is this config: C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimConnect.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?> 
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0"> 
  <Descr>SimConnect Server Configuration</Descr> 
  <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename> 
  <Disabled>False</Disabled> 
  <SimConnect.Comm> 
    <Disabled>False</Disabled> 
    <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol> 
    <Scope>global</Scope> 
    <MaxClients>64</MaxClients> 
    <Address>0.0.0.0</Address> 
    <Port>500</Port> 
  </SimConnect.Comm> 
</SimBase.Document> 

On the CLIENT there is this config: C:\Users\...\Documents\simconnect.cfg

[SimConnect] 
Protocol=IPv4 
Address=192.168.178.55
Port=500 

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hello Oliver,

I do have a question for you on the SimConnect modules. As each of the SimConnect msi’s Is installed, where exactly are they placed? The reason I ask is that, I have a functioning SimConnect —FSX— setup working fine right now. I’ve migrated over to P3D, and am wondering if I need to install the 4 modules again, or if the ones used for FSX will handle P3D also.

thx,

mike

1 hour ago, orbmis said:

Hello Oliver,

I do have a question for you on the SimConnect modules. As each of the SimConnect msi’s Is installed, where exactly are they placed? The reason I ask is that, I have a functioning SimConnect —FSX— setup working fine right now. I’ve migrated over to P3D, and am wondering if I need to install the 4 modules again, or if the ones used for FSX will handle P3D also.

thx,

mike

That depends entirely on the addon that you are using.

If the addon has been compiled with the native P3D V4 simconnect libraries, then you don't have to do anything. Those libraries have the SimConnect client built in. 

But if your addon is an old one, using the FSX SimConnect libraries, then you have to install the Acceleration SimConnect.msi. The others should be unnecessary, those "4 modules" just represent different SimConnect client versions of FSX. You only need the right one...

Best regards

LORBY-SI

40 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

But if your addon is an old one, using the FSX SimConnect libraries, then you have to install the Acceleration SimConnect.msi. The others should be unnecessary, those "4 modules" just represent different SimConnect client versions of FSX. You only need the right one...

Hi Again,,

I'm going to try to get ProATC/X up & running in my P3D environment, so I'd guess PATC would qualify as an 'older' one. With that, what do you mean by the Acceleration SimConnect?  Are you referring to FSX-SP2-XPACK, in the P3D redist folder?

Thanks,

mike

Hello Paul,

Just by chance I came across your post.  Were you able to get Active Sky to function?  Please do not hesitate to contact us at support, the link is below in my sig.

Robert 

\Robert Hamlich/

3 hours ago, orbmis said:

Are you referring to FSX-SP2-XPACK, in the P3D redist folder?

Hi, 

yes, that should be the one. I thought that ProATC has been updated at some point?

Installing the other SimConnect clients too will cause no harm, it is just unnecessary-

Best regards

LORBY-SI