Sign in to follow this  
ICSimulations

Forgot to restore default shaders prior to P3D4.3 update

Hello everyone. Started using PTA with 4.2 and I love it. I completely forgot to restore the shaders to default prior to me updating to 4.3 today. I have read on some of the forum threads here that the P3D Client over rides the shaders back to default.  That's great! However, upon launching some aircraft like the FSLabs A320X I notice the accu pressure guage and lower nav guage icon go right through to the runway. Only on the ground. Someone posted on their forums the same issue and the response was a shader issue by the dev.

Just curios to know how the process works now that I forgot to restore to default prior to the P3D Client update. When the PTA update comes out does the application install the new preset shaders and over ride any discrepancies in the existing folder that may linger?

Thanks for your time and input. 

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

The original shaders are auto re installed when updating client.

Useful when your backup from pta didn't work / was corrupted.

So you are fine!

Victor Roos

For me, when I tried to update tomatoshade, I had shader errors because they were not the default after switching to 4.3.  I had to reinstall 4.2 client, restore the shaders, and then reinstall 4.3.  I don't know if PTA will be the same after the update, but it's a simple fix if the original shaders aren't present. 

John

Edited by dal330200

Hmm. Ok. Then it has to be a problem with the A320X then. Thanks. 

Can I still go back to 4.2 client and then back again to 4.3 if I have already done the CONTENT and SCENERY for 4.3?

Obviously, we will see when the PTA update is released. 

Thanks!

Edited by ICSimulations

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.