Sign in to follow this  
Kronovan

FSX:SE Active Sky Next - Permission Warning Message

I purchased Active Sky Next yesterday & I'm receiving this message whenever I start FSX:SE

"Flight Simulator is attempting to start
"as_btsrp_config_manager (Version 1.0.0.1, Config Entry Number 2). Do you want to run this program?

DLC\364340\as_srv\as_btstr_config_manager.exe

[Yes]  [No]"

I've confirmed that the location of the executable is correct. Active sky, which I start from Steam Library Tools, is running in the background without any issues. When I click [Yes], Flight Simulator continues to load and Active Sky is working correctly; not a show stopper, but an annoyance.

There may be no connection between the 2, but just in case...I just bought Carenado's Cessna CU206 Stationair DLC and the first number of time I selected it for a free flight,  I had to go through a song and dance with some prompts/dialog boxes. I was prompted to click [Run] to allow its installation to run and then click [Yes] to a prompt as to whether I always wanted to allow it to run going forward. I had to make those 2 clicks multiple times as each prompt would reappear - can't remember how many clicks were necessary to finally make it stop. Those 2 prompts going through that song & dance, happened about 3 times before FSX:SE seemed to become content that I really did want to allow the CU206 to be one of my selectable aircraft.

Anyhow, don't know if the 2 are related, but my current problem is the annoying AS permission dialog. If anyone could give me some ideas as to make this AS permission dialog go away, I'd be grateful.

This is normal and as designed.  When you first start up the sim, it will ask for your permission to load or run a gauge or utility.  I say yes and an entry is placed in the FSX.cfg "Trusted" section indicating the gauges, products, utilities are trusted.  Back in 2006 when FSX was developed, everyone was concerned about security and hackers loading files into their simulator and doing evil things.  Once you say yes that you trust something, it should never appear again in future startups.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Once you say yes that you trust something, it should never appear again in future startups.

Aha, well there's where I'm having the problem. That AS permission dialog pops up every time I start FSX now.

Yes, it will ask for your permission until you approve all of the addon aircraft, gauges, and utilities.  If you said no to any, it should ask again. If the AS permission is continuing after saying yes every time you start up FSX, then that is a problem and I do not know how to fix that other than to uninstall ActiveSky and reinstall.  I assume it has been properly activated.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

36 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Yes, it will ask for your permission until you approve all of the addon aircraft, gauges, and utilities.  If you said no to any, it should ask again. If the AS permission is continuing after saying yes every time you start up FSX, then that is a problem and I do not know how to fix that other than to uninstall ActiveSky and reinstall.  I assume it has been properly activated.

Jim thanks for the continuing feedback. It's the Steam Edition of FSX and Active Sky does appear to have installed correctly. After my last restart of my computer I did get a Active Sky message when I started FSX about it having performed some configuration and now requiring a restart of FSX. However, after performing that restart I'm still receiving the AS permission prompt.

I set all my FSX executables (fsx.exe, FSXSEConfig.exe, DLCHelper.exe, DVDCheck.exe, Kiosk.exe) to run as Administrator, hoping that might help but it made no difference. My uses account is an Administrator though, so I guess that shouldn't be any surprise. 

[Edit] Have now also set the ASNext.exe and as_btstr_config_manager.exe to run as Administrator, but still receive the permission prompt.

Edited by Kronovan

I would recommend you post your questions in the ActiveSky Forum here at AVSIM or go to the HiFi website and post your topic in their official support forum.  I have used their trouble ticket system in the past and they are quick to respond.

Submit News to AVSIM

Oh darn, didn't realize there was an ActiveSky forum here. I'll repost there. Or actually...I will try a support ticket. Thanx!

Edited by Kronovan

Jim, I did as you suggested - put in a help ticket with HiFi Simulations and after an XML file exchange the problem was resovlved within a day. Great customer service! So thanks for making that suggestion.

• Like 1

They are one of the best.  They have a great product too!

Submit News to AVSIM