Sign in to follow this  
quacks

Getting Default Callouts???

Hello. I recently started getting weird callouts that are the default crj-700 alarms in the pmdg 737NGX. This just started happening and I've been using it in p3d for like 3 years.

How do I fix or stop this?

Andrew Jones

10 minutes ago, QuacksterDuck said:

This just started happening and I've been using it in p3d for like 3 years.

We haven't changed our code, and those definitely aren't our callouts, so check anything new that you might have installed around the time the change occurred.

Kyle Rodgers

I had the cfm and sp3 service packs installed for switches and engines, but nothing happened after I installed those. The most recent thing was a Heart one 737-800 livery. But I don't think that could cause it?

7 minutes ago, QuacksterDuck said:

I had the cfm and sp3 service packs installed for switches and engines

What is this?

I don't recognize this as one of our products, and if it's a sound pack that isn't ours, it could be causing the issue.

7 minutes ago, QuacksterDuck said:

The most recent thing was a Heart one 737-800 livery. But I don't think that could cause it?

Our liveries, as described in the intro manual, contain specific options that the operator uses, so a different livery may use different callouts, but they'd be the proper Boeing callouts. I don't remember what the CRJ's sound like...

Kyle Rodgers

I looked in my CAWS sounds, all the normal ones are still there. EGPWS for sinkrate, etc. however, when I have my plane just on a normal ILS, it calls out random fsx alarms like the fsx default sinkrate (Im in p3d!!!!) 

21 minutes ago, QuacksterDuck said:

I looked in my CAWS sounds, all the normal ones are still there. EGPWS for sinkrate, etc. however, when I have my plane just on a normal ILS, it calls out random fsx alarms like the fsx default sinkrate (Im in p3d!!!!) 

Hold up for a second, if you don't mind. I don't mean to be too abrupt, but if you want help, you have to help me help you. I asked you a question in my last post.

I'm all for people helping themselves, but unless you are entertained by posting your progress in forums for some reason, I'm assuming you're here for other people to help you. They can only do that if you answer the questions offered up.

You referenced some software / service packs that I didn't recognize. What are they, what do they do, etc...

Kyle Rodgers

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, QuacksterDuck said:

They are sound packs for switches, and engines. Many people use them.

Thought so. Here's where my support ends. We don't support modded sounds. If there are oddities, you can uninstall the sound packs, and then the NGX. After the NGX is reinstalled, I could troubleshoot issues, but if someone else modified our work, that's on them to guide you.

Kyle Rodgers

33 minutes ago, QuacksterDuck said:

@charliearonYeah it is

I would bet they jimmied in some of the default FSX sounds, like the GPWS callouts, along with their custom engine sounds.  I agree with the PMDG Staff that you might have to ask over where you bought this from.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I have those immersive audio sounds and they work fine. My guess isn't you did not follow the dierctions correctly when you installed them . Go to where you installed them on your harddrive ( There will be an Immersive audio folder), and in the read me for the sounds, there is an email address for support.

The first thing they tell you in the sound instructions is to make a backup of your original 737/NGX sounds, so you can always get back to square one, and try installing again. The developer is very good at helping you if you have a problem. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310