Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Star Citizen Charges $27,000 to Unlock ships

Game gone wild 🤑

(Warning for the sensitive, 3 mild cuss words included in vid)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Betty?  Did you see that 27,000 dollars in change I had on my dresser?  I can't find it now.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

It won't be released as long as they can milk that cash cow from the sheeple! :ohmy:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

Betty?  Did you see that 27,000 dollars in change I had on my dresser?  I can't find it now.

Noel

Noel, look under the sofa cushion😉

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thats nuts

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Absolutely insane but as a business owner...I'd probably do the same exact thing. Their product isn't a game but the concept. As long as people keep buying it, they won't stop selling it. At this point they're just seeing how far their customers would go to buy the product. Smart. Screwed up...but Smart.

I think twas P.T. Barnum who once said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

Now, back to my Outerra sim...

Jerry N.

Time to think of a new scheme, Chris.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Never will this be released. How many millions did they raise? How many years in development? 

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

$188 Million.  6 years in development.  And a horribly broken pre-alpha build.

This game will probably end up with only three players left running it, the three who've spent that 27 grand desperately trying to beat each other, but with them unable to do so because they've all three got the pay to win cheat code lol.

They should have called the long-promised Squadron 42 expansion 419 Squadron, at least that would have given people a bit of a clue lol

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Announcing the all new Star Citizen add-on:

Nigerian Space Prince - You play a character who has inherited 27 Million Space Dollars, but for some inexplicable reason your character does not have a basic intergalactic bank account they are able to use; thus your mission is to find other wealthy people in the galaxy who will lend you their bank account details so you can transfer your fortune to Cloud Imperium Games....erm I mean, erm, oh, let's think.... got it, to transfer your fortune to, erm.... other sectors of the galaxy with their assistance.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Another quote I've liked over the years (I live in Florida, the scam and fraud epicenter of the U.S.)

"A fool and his money are soon parted"