Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

Aerosoft Manhattan improves NYC frame rates???

A long time ago I gave up flying in the NYC area. With Simflyers JFK and EWR, Shez's LGA and a ton of traffic, it was just too much for my system.Recently, I purchased Aerosoft's Manhattan. I know it has been out for a while but I was recently looking at some screenies when I was trying to resolve a unrelated NYC issue. The scenery looked so fantastic, I figured that I would just lower the traffic % and fly helos around the city or something.Much to my surprise, I have found that the scenery seems to improve the FPS in the area and I have been able to complete a few flights in to LGA RWY13 - unheard of before I bought the scenery. Before, I would experience stutter city.Now, I am not saying that everyone needs to run out and buy this. I am just wondering if anyone has had the same results.Nonetheless, I can't believe I waited so long to purchase this add-on.BTW, these stutter free flight were completed with 100% UT traffic (plus a lot of additional traffic), GE, FE and AS6.Any thoughts?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Manhatten scenery takes a slight hit... I am surprised it improves FPS for you.But I would gladly reduce AI to 0 and whatever it takes to fly in Manhatten with that scenery.Its one of my alltime fav scenery. Aerosoft did an amazing job with that one. Its a masterpiece IMO.I love it.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Flying into LGA with Aerosoft Manhattan and UT night lights running is truly one of the best experiences in FS.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I agree. Once again, I can't believe I waited so long to purchase this product.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I have it too and it's great with Megascenery NY and Shez's KLGA freeware. Frames are better than you would expect. Just keep in mind that there are no seasonal textures with Manhattan, so it's eternally summer in Central Park. :-)