Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Using photoreal scenery is better in P3D v4.3 again

I remember using photoscenery a few versions back and it was a blurry mess. But now it seems to be getting better. Although I am still getting blurries but they seem to be only out in the distance. Not sure why, because I have my TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP set to 8, so it should be sharp and crisp out in the distance as well. But nonetheless, much better than before. At least its somewhat usable now.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

This could be the result of several factors, with one of them being 4.3

It will be interesting to have others weigh in over time and see.

I went to a pure ORBX environment because of this, with the understanding that I would have to accept their version of the world, for the time being, which I have.

Cheers,

Mark

Thank god I was wondering about this.  It was one of my biggest issues with the previous versions since a lot of my best payware airports have some photoreal around the airport and it looked terrible.

Edited by sfgiants13

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

my LOD_RADIUS=5.50000

Is that the max you can set it to?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Oh that would be nice. Flying over photoscenery, especially some of OrbX's stuff, was a real mess in the recent versions.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Do you guys know the what the difference between LOD_RADIUS and TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP are?

I want to do some more experimenting.

14 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Do you guys know the what the difference between LOD_RADIUS and TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP are?

I want to do some more experimenting.

LOD_RADIUS = The distance at which you see things/start to spawn. TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP = The texture resolution size, i.e 8=256x256, that's from my understanding, could be totally wrong though lol.

So anything outside the lod_radius limit would be blurry/not loaded I guess?

Edited by Marc Banger

I changed my LOD_RADIUS to 6.5 and see even more improvements, wow. I wonder if you can go higher. I really miss photoscenery, it looks amazing!