Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Much better performance in P3D V4.3

Hahah gotta love flight simming. VFR in a 747. 🙂

Looks very nice, what scenery and cloud, weather, texture addons are you using? Are you using some sort of shader presets because the default P3D v4.3 is very washed out. However in the video, the colors look very nicer.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

8 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Hahah gotta love flight simming. VFR in a 747. 🙂

Looks very nice, what scenery and cloud, weather, texture addons are you using? Are you using some sort of shader presets because the default P3D v4.3 is very washed out. However in the video, the colors look very nicer.

I checked the description of the video, and it says they are enjoying some VFR around South East of England. The scenery might be EU England by ORBX. I'm curious about the shader preset as well. 🙂

When people say there's an improvement in performance, they should refer to some standard measure(s), compared to the same standard in any previous P3D version. Otherwise, I'm afraid it's simply a visceral impression.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Oh my, some deja vu i had right now, every new P3D release theres always a huge performance improvement, not saying that is not true for the OP, but placebo might be present.

How is the autogen loading?

Nice video BTW

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Hi Ed,

from what I've been reading the consensus is that v4.3 is an improvement on v4.2. Any other comparison would be quite pointless, imho.

Cheers!

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

1 minute ago, speedyTC said:

Hi Ed,

from what I've been reading the consensus is that v4.3 is an improvement on v4.2. Any other comparison would be quite pointless, imho.

Cheers!

Probably because not all add ons are working. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

G'day Bob,

yes, for sure, not all add-ons are working yet but going on Blackbox's stream regarding the FSL A320 in v4.3 he too is saying that the latest LM release has improved performance; and especially if this is with the resources-hungry Bus I'd say that 4.3 is a no-brainer (coming from a guy who's still on FSX!). Apparently even dynamic lighting is kinder on frames.

I'm at the tipping point right now and just waiting for approval from the "boss / financial manager".

• Like 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Seems like a pretty good source. I am willing to bet most people's dynamic lighting has improved which for a lot of us was a killer in the past.  There are reports of slightly better FPS and more fluidity in the sim overall, but I have all the confidence in the world someone will find a way to tweak their sim and make it worse.  Thus validating FS2004 users fears that change and progress are always overrated.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Otherwise, I'm afraid it's simply a visceral impression.

But Ed, that's really all that matters to the end user.  Alex does include FPS counter in the upper left and it's recorded in 4K.  I've moved away from the version A to version B compares unless it's within the same Beta cycle and I'm testing a very specific changelog item and/or response from a bug report.  Just too many variables to know how to come up with a "standard". 

Cheers, Rob.

50 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

There are reports of slightly better FPS and more fluidity

That video looks familiar 🙂 ... my performance testing these days focuses more on number of long frames (aka stutters) over a given segment after I've enabled a set of add-ons and graphics setting that allow me to sustain 30FPS/30Hz Vsync.

In my video above FlightBeam's KDEN was a good test area I used in V4.2 and V4.3 because it had A LOT of dynamic lighting, I have fewer long frames from V4.2 to V4.3 BUT you have to keep in mind that my add-ons were updated specifically for V4.3 (HiFi AS4, TOGA Projects ENVTEXT/SHADE, ChasePlane, etc.) so it's almost impossible to do an exact V4.2 to V4.3 compare.  In fact, I tried to run V4.2 ENVSHADE in P3D V4.3 and had all kinds of issues that triggered other issues with other add-ons ... after updating ENVSHADE for V4.3 it was a very different experience visually and on the performance front.

To sum V4.3, I get less "long frames", I'm not going to make any FPS claims or % FPS improvement, only that I get less long frames using the same graphics settings with updated 3rd party add-ons with my same hardware.

Cheers, Rob.

I know one thing about simmers reacting to countless sims and competing versions over the years: "It follows exactly what I have observed with countless people and competing visions of realities".

Those with positive enthusiastic outlooks can make themselves and everyone around them feel better about what comes their way, be it less than hoped for or better than expected.

On the other hand there are those that think themselves "realistic" that could sink the Titanic without even needing the help of an iceberg.

Anyway,

Kindest regards,

Stephen :smile:

Edited by SpiritFlyer
Because I could, and because I could, I did...

Well I am not going to play the frames game as I am locked at 30 on 4K. I just updated the Client and other programs that I use...see below....Everything same as V4.2. After several local flights including night flight I just completed and on my humble system I can say that is so smooooth. I have no intention of trying to defend it in Flight Sim Court...but my advise is just download the thing and get on with life. I have been around here way to long to ever say wow.....it's much better. LOL  

• Like 4

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I'll jump in and make my contribution to the debate here. I have made a reasonably careful and scientific comparison between V4.2 and V4.3 on my i7 4770K at 4.8ghz system with 980ti and I calling BS on all the Over the top statements in this thread and the thread titled "Prepar3D V4.3 has been released" like "Huge increase in performance" and fantastic visual improvements and i7 7900K GPU's at 5.9Ghz etc. It's laughable!

I don't think I have ever seen such a large amount of empty hype about something on this forum in a long time.

I am not saying that V4.3 is not an improvement over 4.2. It certainly is but in regards to performance, appearance and Dynamic lighting it looks about the same to me and performs about the same.

In the Dynamic lighting video in some instances the FPS is higher in 4.2 and in others higher in 4.3.

Edited by Guest