Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Much better performance in P3D V4.3

I'm getting more stutters in Orbx areas 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Moved from 4.1 straight to 4.3, client only. Nothing earth shattering here. If there are differences, they're subtle with my set up. Visuals may be slightly more washed out. Slightly smoother with a couple of aircraft (AS CRJ & QW 787) while the Lear 25 seemed to be a little less smooth. But changes are so miniscule, it could just be my mood.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

It works and performs good after update. They didn't break anything at least :)

• Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm getting more stutters in Orbx areas 

Interesting -- I had to reinstall my Orbx OpenLC products.  After upgrading P3D, I got the dreaded "night textures during day" thing.

I don't own any of the Orbx areas, like SoCal or Alaska or Germany.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

After my short test yesterday in the QW 787 I get a much smoother experience at night with Dynamic lights. So I get partly on that hypetrain: They improved DL and that's good. For the rest: No dramatic change for me.

But the tone in this thread is again very negative and pretty toxic. Don't know why this has to be..... I see this in a lot of discussions and it's most of the time the same users. If I want to get barked at for no specific reason I go to Reddit, not to avsim.

Sorry for this general "rant".

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, swiesma said:

But the tone in this thread is again very negative and pretty toxic. Don't know why this has to be..... I see this in a lot of discussions and it's most of the time the same users. If I want to get barked at for no specific reason I go to Reddit, not to avsim.

Yep...I've been on AVSIM since 1996 before this "current" forum went up (circa 2003-04) and have only seen more and more poison over the years.  I've learned to filter it out and ignore the "valley dwellers". 

I don't mind those with constructive criticism, but some of the vitriol on here gets repugnant, so I rarely come here anymore, or offer any advise.  It's not worth it.

I do appreciate those who do offer constructive criticism and offer solutions, or offer ideas toward a solution rather than rant and do nothing.  Deep down, you people know who you are out there, so thank you!!

Just filter Stefan!!  :)  Like you say, it's always the same folks.  Just skip them when you seem them or put them on your ignore list!!  :)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

How is the autogen on arrival after a flight? Besides DL, this has been a big issue for many with the very slow loading in patches when arriving at an airport after a coiled hour flight. 

Eric 

15 minutes ago, B777ER said:

How is the autogen on arrival after a flight? Besides DL, this has been a big issue for many with the very slow loading in patches when arriving at an airport after a coiled hour flight. 

Funny you should ask. I just completed a krno to ksfo flight (using the pmdg 747) with all auto gen sliders at full right with lod at 8.5 on orbx nor-cal scenery and did not see any auto gen pop ups. Now bare in mind I'm not an auto gen guy as i usually just have tress and bldgs at the normal settings ..with draw distance at at max and never had issues with pop ups on arrivals into the airports I fly into.

I am fed up with hearing unsubstantiated statements about FPS.🤔

Clearly, LM have spent their resources on creating v4.3 for a variety of reasons. These may be:

• including changes required by dependent vendors to enable/improve their own existing/new functions
  • preparing new/changed functions in preparation for the next P3D release and enabling us to approve/criticise them
  • testing users attitudes to potential new functions for the future.

It is certainly not an attempt by LM to purposely degrade any existing P3Dv4 functions. 

We can but wait and see, and in the meantime enjoy what we already have😃

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

lod 8.5? I thought the max was 6.5

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I just finished a full install of OS & P3D v4.3. I don't see much of a performance improvement on my system. I still see the annoying tiles loading up in the distance issue. It feels a bit smoother, but I can't understand why they have not addressed the distant loading tiles. Just my observation.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

31 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

Funny you should ask. I just completed a krno to ksfo flight (using the pmdg 747) with all auto gen sliders at full right with lod at 8.5 on orbx nor-cal scenery and did not see any auto gen pop ups. Now bare in mind I'm not an auto gen guy as i usually just have tress and bldgs at the normal settings ..with draw distance at at max and never had issues with pop ups on arrivals into the airports I fly into.

If you did not have issues previously your test is not a true indicator that the problem has been rectified. But I appreciate that you took time to post. 

Eric 

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I just finished a full install of OS & P3D v4.3. I don't see much of a performance improvement on my system. I still see the annoying tiles loading up in the distance issue. It feels a bit smoother, but I can't understand why they have not addressed the distant loading tiles. Just my observation.

I am not yet on 4.3, but I read on a German forum that locking fps makes autogen fading in smoothly even with the max distance setting. Might be worth trying - no guarantee of course.

I was (...am...) a victim of this issue myself and will try it as soon as I find time to install 4.3.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

30 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I am fed up with hearing unsubstantiated statements about FPS.🤔

I couldn't agree more! and clearly either those who are making posts with what I can only describe as with delirious enthusiasm are either intentionally trying to mislead us so that somehow we have system envy or feeling of system inadequacy or the like.

It reminds me of few years ago when one would see FSX Video's on youtube with titles like "FSX 2015" or "FS11" where the poster would record a video of FSX at half speed and then using video editing software like Sony Vega, double the speed of the recording and make it look like it was running at perfectly smooth 60FPS and add a whole bunch of post processing effect to booth. Of course there was no disclosure. The intention was to make (us) believe that was the way they had there sim running. Some perhaps where and still are fouled. This all done for the afformentioned reasons.

That or its placebo. But the claims are to out to be placebo. Perhaps they are living in a cognative discidence bubble!

I've been using the old refrane increasing over the last few years and more so every week; "The emporors new cloths". Is it just me or am I hearing an eponential increase in the absence of objectivity in the unterances of the masses? Seems the Flight Sim community is not immune.

Anyway, I done my comparison between 4.2 and 4.3 and I'm sticking with 4.3 becuse it clearly has some welcome improvements with the obvious one being the user interface. I won't be pushing my sliders any futher right and I don't expect to see any discernable performance increase in my regular use. I am still hoping to see less blured textures. Lets see how long it takes for me to notice them.

One other thing. All this reinstalling of the operating system and a clean install of Prepar3D V4.3 and all addons bussiness is making me LMAO!

Remember the bad old FSX+ days when that was actaully required. It takes 10 mins to update Prepar3D V4 from one point update to another addons included.

I guess theose who still insist on doing it the old way are suffering from the same mental illness outlines above.😁😜😅🤣😒

Edited by Guest

Hi guys OP here.

So, yep a lot of negative press about my video, fine. 

I maintain that I have a much better experience, I've tested all scenarios, weather, night time and although yes I did pick up the fps counter, I have a smoother experience less stutter.

Look, I feel like I am supported by this opinion because there are a small number of specific performance improvements across a number of areas.. There's specific mention to Vc rendering, dynamic lighting etc. This would also support the interview at Las Vegas where Lockheed Martin themselves, said they have ambitons for improved performance due to VR being better at 90FPS.

Apologies if the video offended a number of you, I kind of enjoyed flying low and slow across the South East of England.

Edited by aceridgey
  • Like 4

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK