Sign in to follow this  
Moose4

PSS777--impressions?

Guest aafuss

Quite nice 777-the VC is a joy to use, and a smooth on a P4 2.4GHz with a GeForce 5200 graphics card. The weather radar is excellent-just as well-designed as the Wilco 737 PIC's one.

i wouldnt buy the 777 from PSSi would wait for the patch 2, it doesnt work properly save your money.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

KDFW's small review is right on. I was really excited to have a Hi Fi 777 for FS. Now I am just wishing for a Hi Fi 777 for FS. I think PSS does a good job but the times have changed and what used to be a good add on is now sub par. I just think we have been spoiled by the likes of LDS and PMDG.

Guest aafuss

>I think for $30, the PSS777 is very good. >>FMC is at best, PMDG/LDS beta, wish they will patch it after>they release the 757. If the 757 FMC gets it right, chances>for T7 upgrade should be good(?).>>System depth is obviously lacking, but if you don't use the>abnormals, not a big deal. Yes, light modeling is subpar, but>it's not a killer issue for me.>>The external model looked terrible in the reivew screen shots>and PSS website, but in reality, it looks pretty good. >Running it on a decent system allows better rendering.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/152703.jpg>>WX radar is a differentiator. I like it.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/152702.jpg>>Autoland works fine (based on 1.1 patched version). >>Stable so far, no lockups yet. >>Much, much better than expected product, it has great>potential, a product crying out, "finish me.">>Thanks all for your comments,>Pat>>AMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB>DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH>FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2>>>>>Amazing screenshots of the PSS 777.

Don't compare it to the PMDG and the LDS directly. It's not quite as "deep" as either of those products, but it's still pretty good. I've got the -200LR.- FDE: Two words. Rob Young. Enough said. It's good. I like hand-flying it.- I like the panel and the VC, the displays are quite nice (best job of copying the font and look of the real Boeing displays that I've seen). The VC is smooth, and the night lighting is great.- FMC still crashes FS2004 on me occasionally even post-patch, especially if I start messing with altitude crossing restrictions on flightplan legs. Better than it was, but not as good as the top-drawer payware.- The exterior model is not particularly awe-inspiring, it's got some rough edges.All in all I think it's a good purchase if you're a 777 fan. It's no PMDG or LDS, but then again it's a bit cheaper.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia