Sign in to follow this  
JetBlack

Center Boundary & FATAL ERROR

Hi All,
A quite long time after crossing ARTCC boundary VoxATC suddenly awakes and realises I'm in another ARTCC area so it asks me to switch to the current ARTCC frequency and then displays the famous "FATAL ERROR" message and finally it crashes. If I disable/reenable it then it reworks properly untill to a next ARTCC change.
Is that a know problem?

I have had issues with transitions, getting the fictional oceanic center, but never yielding fatal errors. 

If you are and FSAD user, try turning off ICAO updates. I was getting fatal errors at certain airports with that turned on. 

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

Hi,

No I'm not using fsAerodata.

Actually VoxATC seems not to read correctly data from bvcf.bgl. However the latter looks right in LittleNavMap or PlanG...

Some suggestions ?

JB, as I look through some of your previous threads regarding VOXATC, you seem to be describing unique errors that haven't been reported previously. It almost seems to me that you have some other software that has caused a faulty VOXATC installation/behavior. I have no idea what that might be but I guessing that it has something to do with either scenery.cfg or one of your add-ons installed via an add-on.xml file.

P3d is very forgiving about a botched scenery library and makes the best of typos, mistakes and duplications in these configuration files. In contrast, VOXATC gets confused rather easily by these same issues. Its Indexer usually fails and one can't even get to running VOXATC, but sometimes the Indexer completes and VOXATC fails instead.

Other people have  done troubleshooting of these issue by disabling all 3rd party entries in the scenery library and then gradually adding them back either one or a few at a time.

Anyway, run the sim and temporarily disable all 3rd party add-ons.Then exit, restart the sim and test VOXATC. If that doesn't work then either the sim itself and or VOXATC are installed improperly.

Jay, I disabled all my 3rd party add-ons. No sucess.
And even after a fresh reinstalling of FSX(SE) and then VoxATC I get the same disappointing result.
VOXATC is unable to perform any handover between centers.

Hi ,

Here is an illustration of my problem.
This is a direct VFR  flight between Lincoln (KHLM) and Pile Mountain Lake (E45). After leaving the airfield area( about 5 nm from the airfield) you are prompted to contact Oakland Center 119.75 which is fine but when you enter in Oakland Center 126.85 area nothing happens until you reach the position shown on the picture. There, are asked to contact Oakland Center 126.85  and the horrible fatal error message is displayed...

VoxATC.jpg?dl=0

Maybe someone could try the attached flightplan and tell me if the same thing happens ?😎

Flight Plan

Thanks in advance.

I'm away from my flightsim PC until 7/17 but I'll try that flightplan when I return from traveling. It's possible that this is some kind of bug specific to FSX-SE. I have a feeling that most of the people that post here use P3d4 with VOXATC.

I have a feeling this error has something to do with radio frequencies either in the two stock airports or an airport along the flightplan path. The airport near where your fatal error is occurring KCPU, has a Center radio frequency. O22 and E45 have a Center frequency entry also. Most FSX and P3d stock airports do not contain a Center frequency but rather rely on the contents of bvcf.bgl. There could be a bug in VOXATC where this creates a conflict, but I will have to wait to check that when I return home. What I would do is edit both KCPU and O22 with ADE and delete the Center frequency to see if that helps. What makes me think that it is the cause, is that the error does not occur when you fly over a Center boundary, but rather it happens well after you've entered the new sector.

Interesting but...
I did remove centers' radio with ADE from KCPU, O22, E45 and even from O68 with same bad result at the same place. Well, will see what happen on your P3D system later. As you said previously it's maybe a specific bug to FSX-SE version.

It was worth a try. I'm surprised that a 32 bit version of VOXATC would have such a glaring bug as there have been 7 major versions of the app and FSX isn't exactly new either. I'm pretty sure that the only difference in the FSX, FSX-SE and P3d3 installers is where the VOXATC setup program looks for registry entries.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:04 AM, JetBalck said:

Hi ,

Here is an illustration of my problem.
This is a direct VFR  flight between Lincoln (KHLM) and Pile Mountain Lake (E45). After leaving the airfield area( about 5 nm from the airfield) you are prompted to contact Oakland Center 119.75 which is fine but when you enter in Oakland Center 126.85 area nothing happens until you reach the position shown on the picture. There, are asked to contact Oakland Center 126.85  and the horrible fatal error message is displayed...

VoxATC.jpg?dl=0

Maybe someone could try the attached flightplan and tell me if the same thing happens ?😎

Flight Plan

Thanks in advance.

I just finished flying your flight plan on P3D 4.3 and had the same fatal error when switch airspace frequencies.  So, it does not seem to be unique to FSX/SE. 

Since my original response your post, I have also experienced this when flying from Jackson Hole to West Yellowstone.  If I fly the route in Expert mode, the fatal error does NOT occur.  This has motivated me to use expert mode more often for VFR flights.

FWIW, I'm using the FSAD airspace file.

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

If you are using Navigraph data for the VOXATC procedures, you might want to check this.  Jose from fsaerodata told me that airport E45 is changed to KE45 in the Navigraph dataset. I doubt that's what's wrong but you never know.

12 hours ago, 503Kento said:

I just finished flying your flight plan on P3D 4.3 and had the same fatal error when switch airspace frequencies.  So, it does not seem to be unique to FSX/SE. 

Since my original response your post, I have also experienced this when flying from Jackson Hole to West Yellowstone.  If I fly the route in Expert mode, the fatal error does NOT occur.  This has motivated me to use expert mode more often for VFR flights.

FWIW, I'm using the FSAD airspace file.

Hi,

Well spotted ! Using expert mode prevent VoxATC from crashing. However it still doesn't detect some centers' boundary crossing (mainly KZOA3232, KZOA3217, KZOA3219) unless you travel far deep into them.
Anyway this is at leat "playable" in expert mode and that's a good news.
I'm terribly afraid the developer's cadaver is rotting behind his desktop so better let him rest in peace. This bug will join the pile...
Thanks a lot for your help.

8 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If you are using Navigraph data for the VOXATC procedures, you might want to check this.  Jose from fsaerodata told me that airport E45 is changed to KE45 in the Navigraph dataset. I doubt that's what's wrong but you never know.

Hi,

No,I'm not using Navigraph data. Just the default stuff. I think it has something to do with ARTCC boundaries reading/processing. Is there any pre-existing data in VoxATC installation process or does it take all its data from FSX ?