Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Photo Scenery Load Time in P3Dv4.3

Just now, pgde said:

FYI -- here in the US SSD prices are crashing. At Newegg for instance 1 TB drives are about $210, Samsung 860 1 TB are $249. Those are significantly less than when I bought mine....

Thanks, transferring the entire shebang to a SSD drive most probably (or definitely :) ) will be a giant step towards better performance, but it doesn't explain why it is that loading time of my photoreal scenery under v4.3 is so much longer as it was, with the same settings, as under v4.2. Just curious. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

8 hours ago, hvw said:

Ever after I updated to P3Dv4.3 I notice that loading of photo scenery takes almost double the time that it used to take in P3Dv4.2.  Am I the only who is experiencing this? I wonder if there are ways to prevent these long loading times. (Yes, I know, disable all photo scenery, but that's not the solution I am looking for :) )

Last night I downloaded v4.3 and updated from v4.1 (I stopped v4.2 before). After loaded Cielosim Jacksonville KLAX it was around 4 seconds with black screen before seeing the airport. Plus, the runway was weird because of scenery v4.3 update. Loaded from scratch Baku UBBB and same slow loading. Later, tried Technobrian RJTT, same thing. Then simply I reversed back to v4.1

Now, let's wait for v4.4 (lol)

Patricio Valdes

Did you delete the generated files?

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

5 minutes ago, pgde said:

Did you delete the generated files?

No, I didn't delete any files.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)