Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Axford

Parked Aircraft Only

Hi,

I am an active user of PSXseeconTraffic on P3D V4 however I want to use the program to simply spaw AI aircraft on the stands rather than see live traffic. What I like about the program is it reads the AFCAD to put the correct airline on the stand and you can make it so that you don't actually see live traffic. Because I'm not going to be viewing live traffic I don't really want to renew my real traffic subscription however without opening live traffic, these aircraft will not spawn on the stands. I'm not looking for these aircraft to fly, simply sit on the stand like they would do with real traffic running. Is there a way to get this to happen without real traffic?

Thanks

Jacob

Edited by kiek

Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 9700k @ 5.1ghz | RTX 3090 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 RAM | 2 x Samsung Evo plus M.2.

31 minutes ago, Jacob Axford said:

.. however I want to use the program to simply spaw AI aircraft on the stands rather than see live traffic.

Hi Jacob,

Then PSXseeconTraffic is not the right program for you; PSXseeconTraffic is about live traffic.

Nico

I do very much like the feature of having the stands filled at the aircraft but using VATSIM at the same time so this software is perfect for that but obviously will require me to keep paying the subscription. I just wanted to know if there was a work around for this but i'm assuming that there isn't.

Thanks anyway

Jacob

Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 9700k @ 5.1ghz | RTX 3090 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 RAM | 2 x Samsung Evo plus M.2.

Hi Jacob,

Technically speaking it is possible .

However, I have to build in an option to switch off all live aircraft functions. This will cause delays for the people that use PSXseeconTraffic for what it was designed for. 

You are asking me to make a sort of Swiss Army Knife. 😉

I will give it some thought how I can switch off the normal behaviour without having an impact on the main stream users.

Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek

14 hours ago, kiek said:

I will give it some thought how I can switch off the normal behaviour without having an impact on the main stream users.

I have found a simple solution to disable live traffic so you do not need the RealTraffic app. Will be implemented in the next version. 

1 hour ago, kiek said:

I have found a simple solution to disable live traffic so you do not need the RealTraffic app. Will be implemented in the next version. 

That’s brilliant! Thank you very much for looking into this for me, I’m sure there will be many others who will love this feature too! I’m sure I speak on behalf of many when I thank you for your contribution to the community. 

Thanks

Jacob

On 6/29/2018 at 11:49 AM, Jacob Axford said:

That’s brilliant! Thank you very much for looking into this for me, I’m sure there will be many others who will love this feature too! I’m sure I speak on behalf of many when I thank you for your contribution to the community.

Hi Jacob,

Version 10.9 is available for download:

It is now possible to switch to a mode in which no connection to RealTraffic is needed, no live aircraft will be injected, but your origin and destination airports may be populated with parked aircraft just as in the normal mode.  

As a bonus the near collision avoidance function on ground will remove a parked aircraft from a parking position if a 3rd party aircraft (from VATSIM for instance) comes too close.

See Manual section 4.1.

Spread the news! 🙂

Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek

On 6/29/2018 at 4:19 PM, kiek said:

Hi Jacob,

Version 10.9 is available for download:

It is now possible to switch to a mode in which no connection to RealTraffic is needed, no live aircraft will be injected, but your origin and destination airports may be populated with parked aircraft just as in the normal mode.  

As a bonus the near collision avoidance function on ground will remove a parked aircraft from a parking position if a 3rd party aircraft (from VATSIM for instance) comes too close.

See Manual section 4.1.

Spread the news! 🙂

Regards,

Nico

I'm very impressed with this, absolutely love this programme! Thank you so much for implementing this!

Thanks

Jacob

Edited by kiek

3 hours ago, Jacob Axford said:

I'm very impressed with this, absolutely love this programme! Thank you so much for implementing this!

Thanks

Jacob

Thank you!

I have made some small improvements, will soon release 10.10.

Nico

On 6/30/2018 at 5:43 PM, kiek said:

Thank you!

I have made some small improvements, will soon release 10.10.

Nico

Updated now, will give it a go 😉