Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

For those who like ideas on from and where to fly

Hello all, sometimes I find myself wondering where I should fly from and fly to while keeping it as real as possible. Although there are options out there (fscaptain, air hauler etc), I don't always like the overhead that these require. I just found a neat feature on flightaware.com where you can select random flight. So, when I'm in the mood to keeping it as real-world as it gets, I click the option until I get a real-world flight with an aircraft I have in my virtual hangar. The option also gives you the flight plan and proposed altitude.

(Now if I can find a way to find a random flight from the destination airport...)

This actually gets one to explore a whole virtual world withing the sim - something I have rarely done so far. Anyways, just another thought for those needing fight plan ideas.

Mario Di Lauro

My flights are as real as I want them to be, or not, on my imaginary planet Woebegone.  It's very similar to planet Earth (as similar as Orbx can make it) except there are no wars; no passports required; and I can fly anywhere I want in any airplane I choose on any schedule that's convenient and the weather is always CAVU with just enough high cirrus to give the sky a bit of texture. 

It's a place where all the women are beautiful, all the men are strong, all the children are exceptional and all the airplanes are easy to fly.

Noel

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

3 hours ago, birdguy said:

My flights are as real as I want them to be, or not, on my imaginary planet Woebegone.  It's very similar to planet Earth (as similar as Orbx can make it) except there are no wars; no passports required; and I can fly anywhere I want in any airplane I choose on any schedule that's convenient and the weather is always CAVU with just enough high cirrus to give the sky a bit of texture. 

It's a place where all the women are beautiful, all the men are strong, all the children are exceptional and all the airplanes are easy to fly.

Noel

just wondering whats the price of AVGAS in your imaginary planet ???? 😂😉

Image removed as image is no longer available.

4 hours ago, birdguy said:

Noel

There is the old saying "What colour is the sun in your world???"

My answer to that would be Whatever colour I want it to be by adjusting my settings in REX 😁

Yes the point of this hobby is to escape the mundane of the real world for a few hours when you can 😎

To answer the OP original question. Lately I mostly fly around Australia and New Zealand and between the two, because it is best regions on the FPS with ORBX and has a lot of great area to cover, I just go where inspiration takes me

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

2 hours ago, rtodepart said:

just wondering whats the price of AVGAS in your imaginary planet ???? 😂😉

Same as it was when I learned to fly in 1956.  58 cents a gallon.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

4 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

the

4 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

Yes the point of this hobby is to escape the mundane of the real world for a few hours when you can 😎

+1 ... and it can be both relaxing and satisfying at the same time.

I fly mostly GA and take my inspiration from TV or YouTube stuff. I’m always pleasantly surprised at how familiar my simulated landscape looks after watching a real world flight.

To the OP; thank you - a good tip. 

Best regards

Rupert

8 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

Can u give directions from planet earth please?

"Second star to the right, and straight on till morning" 😛

Although I don't know which SID will you be using...

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

10 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

Can u give directions from planet earth please?

But if you're asking an Irishman directions he is likely to reply: "Well sir, if I were you, I wouldn't start from here".

(Being Irish myself, I'm allowed tell that joke!)

Bill

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, scianoir said:

But if you're asking an Irishman directions he is likely to reply: "Well sir, if I were you, I wouldn't start from here".

(Being Irish myself, I'm allowed tell that joke!)

Bill

Lol...

almost as bad as paddy throwing stones at the floor...and missing!

• Like 1

Luke Pype

Sorry MaDDogs, you can't get there from here.

Noel

I'm not Irish but have put up with Norwegian jokes.  But now that it's been brought up I do have a favorite Irish joke.

Finnegan and O'Malley walked up to the convent door and knocked on it.

Mother Superior opened it up and said, "What is it now Finnegan?"

"Mother Superior, do you have any leprechaun nuns in the convent."

"No Finnegan, there are no such things as leprechaun nuns."

"But Mother Superior surely, somewhere in the world there are leprechaun nuns."

"Finnegan, there are no leprechaun nuns anywhere in the world."

"But Mother Superior, there must be some leprechaun nuns in the Vatican with the Pope?"

"Finnegan, how many times do I have to tell you there are no leprechaun nuns anywhere in the universe."

So Finnegan turns to his friend and says, "It's like I be tellin' ya O'Malley, you been screwin' a penguin."

Maybe next week I'll tell you my favorite Norwegian joke.

Noel

• Like 3