Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Full screen on triple monitor setup no longer works

Hi all-

I'm running just installed 4.3 on a triple monitor setup. I stretch the image across 3 27s. In 4.2, with the image stretched, I could alt-enter and lose the title bar even when not completely stretched across all monitors. In 4.3,  the stretched image, after alt-enter, shrinks to the center screen sans title bar. Alt-enter again, screen expands. Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Mark

3 hours ago, newtie said:

In 4.3,  the stretched image, after alt-enter, shrinks to the center screen sans title bar. Alt-enter again, screen expands. Any ideas on this?

I would guess it has set the 'full screen resolution' setting to a default value, which is most likely 1920x1080. In which case, just change it back to 5760x1080 or whatever you need it to be!

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

That's not it. In either stretched windowed, or full screen center monitor only, the res is the same, that is, 2550x1440. You can tell instantly if it is not.

I'm going to do a fresh install the new 398 driver when I get home tonight. I'm thinking 4.3 altered some small component of the driver, but I don't really know. Will find out soon enough.

47 minutes ago, newtie said:

In either stretched windowed, or full screen center monitor only, the res is the same, that is, 2550x1440. You can tell instantly if it is not.

From your response, I think you have misunderstood. In the Graphics/Display/Full Screen Settings screen in P3D, what does it say in the Resolution box? This setting should reflect the width and height of your three-screen display. I am guessing it actually says 2560x1440 if that's the native resolution of your monitors.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Thanks Mark. I'll check this out when I get home.

Cheers,

Mark

Resolution is fine. I'm going to post about how to remove the title bar. Other than that, everything is fine.

4 hours ago, newtie said:

Resolution is fine. I'm going to post about how to remove the title bar. Other than that, everything is fine.

What does 'fine' mean? (Does it say 7680x1440x32, or something else?)

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

delete the

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.0.0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.0.1]
Mode=1920x1080x32
[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.0.2]
Mode=1920x1080x32

section in the .cfg
it will rest the P3D video settings. that's what I do when alt-enter gives undesired result

Then stretch the screen anew to the limits and alt-enter, which P3d then remembers (again)

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

FWIW, I just tried this after uninstalling 4.2 and installing 4.3 on my devel computer, leaving drivers, addons etc. untouched. For me it still works the same way as before. It is enough to stretch the P3D window just so that it touches all three screens; then Alt&Enter automatically scales it to fill all of the (expanded) Desktop. So it must be a setting somewhere that is causing your problem, it isn't 4.3 per se.

Best regards

LORBY-SI