Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

REX SkyForce, PTA, ASP4, ENVSHADE, ENVTEX

27 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

I found it impossible to achieve a correct level of atmospheric lighting

That will always be difficult.  I think it's an area which we just have to compromise on for now.

Hopefully when REX releases Weatherforce and we can change the shader settings 'in-game',  you can play around with the lighting effect without much bother.  I think a big part of the current problem is that whatever sky texture sets you have chosen will affect the atmospheric lighting - so you may not achieve the look you are after if you have an inappropriate sky texture set .  

It's all tooooo complicated sometimes.

Folks,

One other question. I've seen mention of Weatherforce in this thread. Is there an ETA for it's release?

Thanks!

To understand why there's no answer to that question, one has to understand REX and software testing. There are various ways of testing new apps.

1. Internal company testing of alpha and early beta versions.

2. Limited closed beta. Companies return a very small collection of "guru" consultants who routinely test software for a variety of flightsim developers. They sign non-disclosure agreements (NDA).

3. Closed beta by invitation. In this mode the company solicits outside testers and reviews their credntials. There are NDAs.

4. Open beta. Also known as oily axes anyone can pay for a beta version and test it. The participants use their well-lubricated axe to chop away publicly at the bugs. The participants must only abide by the EULA and the results can be embarrassing for a developer.

Given that context, REX is a fairly small company and up to recently was hesitant even to use the closed beta route. Combined with that philosophy was the desire for thoroughness in testing. This leads to long test cycles based on the time between announcing a new product and the release of the final production version.

Recent beta testing debacles (FSW and the Aerosoft CRJ are examples, in my opinion) have made companies even more careful about what beta test mode that they select.

4 hours ago, busdriver said:

Folks,

One other question. I've seen mention of Weatherforce in this thread. Is there an ETA for it's release?

Thanks!

Well here is a preview of Environment Force and Weather Force in action during an interview via FSEXPO2018:

Edited by rstough
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

WoW.....looks amazing Reed.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I totally agree, that is definitely amazing! I am looking forward to Rex Enviroforce/Weatherforce! Great stuff!

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Looks great, can't wait.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

On ‎06‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, GSalden said:

That is correct for most of us.

Myself , I want P3D to look and “behave” as real as possible , not to look as beautifull as possible ...

Orbx%20NL%20-%20mod%201.jpg

Amazing. If you would share the settings for ASP4 and ENVSHADE+ENTEX and your HDR lighting presets in P3D would be most appreciated.

I've fiddled with settings for months, I don't know what an Ansio Flopping Spruce HDCrank FXSAAR mean and what the settings do. For us dummies and based on your screenshot, the color and darkness look great.

Appreciate any insight you have.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

1 hour ago, AAN1718A said:

Amazing. If you would share the settings for ASP4 and ENVSHADE+ENTEX and your HDR lighting presets in P3D would be most appreciated.

I've fiddled with settings for months, I don't know what an Ansio Flopping Spruce HDCrank FXSAAR mean and what the settings do. For us dummies and based on your screenshot, the color and darkness look great.

Appreciate any insight you have.

My presets automatically set your HDR in P3D ( brightness , bloom and saturation ) 

ASP4 : 4 cloudlayers / cloud draw distance 115 nm / visibility max 120 nm

ASCA : full dynamics 

EnvTex : only skies ( integration with ASCA and EnvTex skies only ) / photo water for inland and sea

PTA : All Months preset set ( in the preset info you will see all the above settings and some more )

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Great, Thank You.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

A very good interview that on the parts of both the interviewer and interviewee.

I already have ASP4, ASCA, Envtex and Envshade, but on the strength of that interview I've just bought a copy of Skyforce and am looking forward to the further developments mentioned by REX.

I've got to sit down with the tutorials now and work out how to make it all work together.

Cheers

Jon

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

On 6/30/2018 at 12:00 AM, GSalden said:

My presets automatically set your HDR in P3D ( brightness , bloom and saturation ) 

ASP4 : 4 cloudlayers / cloud draw distance 115 nm / visibility max 120 nm

ASCA : full dynamics 

EnvTex : only skies ( integration with ASCA and EnvTex skies only ) / photo water for inland and sea

PTA : All Months preset set ( in the preset info you will see all the above settings and some more )

can we get the preset? 🙂 

its also fit for tomato?

On 7/3/2018 at 2:14 PM, georgio1952 said:

Has REX Soft Clouds been updated for p3d v4.3 ??

Soft Clouds is compatible with P3Dv.3, however you will have to select the latest version of P3D from the dropdown menu when you install textures from the Soft Clouds interface, then browse to the MAIN Prepar3D folder and click the OK button. The program will always remember the location so you will not have to browse to it each time. 

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

On 7/3/2018 at 1:20 PM, jon b said:

A very good interview that on the parts of both the interviewer and interviewee.

I already have ASP4, ASCA, Envtex and Envshade, but on the strength of that interview I've just bought a copy of Skyforce and am looking forward to the further developments mentioned by REX.

I've got to sit down with the tutorials now and work out how to make it all work together.

Cheers

Jon

Thank you for your support Jon. Good things coming!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com