Sign in to follow this  
Guest ecv737

Places I like To Fly

Guest dave_aus

HIHere are some great places I love to fly (everyones got there own)...Im a nurse in real life and its great way to relax..I don't think you can go wrong with the following....plenty to keep you busy for weeks....- Australia (east coast particularly along great divide)- Papua New Guinea/Irian Jaya (awesome mountainous area)- Ethiopia- Borneo- PhilippinesAircraft I use...Aussim Piper Warror III and Flight 1 Pilatus PC 12Terrain mesh files for the above are all available at AVSIM..big thanks to all the people that make all this available.

Guest deKoven

Hmmm, from that list you might also want to check out the west coast of South America. The Andes is/are every bit as spectacular as any of the mentioned areas.:D

I like to fly around Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Some neat volcanoes and water-filled craters there if you use a mesh. If you start at MNMG, there are at least 5 crater lakes within 100 nm. 4 within 30 nm. :)Also there are at least 8 big volcanic cones within the same 100nm radius. Costa Rica has a neat central valley to fly into, too. Combine this with mesh and real weather and you have some cool flying.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest SJDickson

Japan with 38m mesh (http://www.flightinfo.jp/jtms/files/hgbeta.html)Vancouver, Vancouver Island and surrounding area, British Columbia.Columbia River Gorge, from Portland all the way up into the interior of British Columbia.Cumbria and the Lake District, UK.Short hops around the Mediterranean.

Guest ecv737

You should Try to Fly from Canaima SVCN (Venezuela) to see the highest waterfall in the world (1000 meters high).These falls were discovered by the American Pilot Jimmy Angel (Hence so -called Angel Fall). The whole area of Canaima was the basis for a well known novel The Search for the Lost World. There you will find the extrangest rock Mountains (8 to 9000 feet high). One has a hole right through the middle of it, big enough for a Parapente/Delta wing adventurer to try it successfully. There is a scenery (payware by Sym design on this adventure.There are some freeware mesh and airport scenery for this area at AVSIM or flightsim (do a search under Venezuela, or David Maldonado (Mesh) or Jaime Ortega (scenery). We have VATSAM coverage Monday to Friday after say 8Pm just about everyday. If you are interested let me contact our local ATC Organization.You could also fly from Margarita Island (SVMG) to Canaima SVCN (sceneries available at site indicated above). There is a new scenery for Canaima by David "opa" Marshall in his new scenery Series Exploring our world.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela pilot.gif

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Guest dave_aus

HiThanks for the above suggestions..Im presently downloading the Japan Mesh as it looks interesting..I'll eventually work my way around to the others

Guest dave_aus

HiSorry Edmundo I had actually intended to place my reply under your post..just wanted to let you know to acknowledge your suggestion!

Guest ecv737

Hope you try this trip.Thanks for your repply.Edmundo CardenasCaracas