Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

LatinVFR KBWI Baltimore-Washington has been released

I added trish3.10 to legs and it was success, nice landing. Tested with FSX and P3Dv4.1 with PMDG 747 v3.

https://imgur.com/FBqMeiH

https://imgur.com/FBqMeiH

Finally I was be able to land perfectly on the KBWI runway 10 and also I want to mention this success was mainly from the help of all Pilots participated in this thread. Many thanks to all of you! Thanks to Dan telling me not to LOC so early. I apologize to all who became crazy with my questions since I am still learning.

I will fly with 737NGX and 777 later, surely will be fine.

Edited by trisho0
correcting spaces

Patricio Valdes

Hope I'm not out of line here posting this question but it does relate to this scenery (as well as other examples): Using P3DV4, how do I get from my aircraft views to inside the terminal building to look around? Do I use the slewing feature? Zoom views? Avatar? I can't seem to find any information although I'm sure its probably pretty simple. I have tried using the Avatars in P3D but cannot figure out how to move them around with either my joystick or keyboard.

Thanks

Is anyone else having runway and taxiway texture issues?  I notice that it depends on the time of day.  Early morning or afternoon as the sun gets low you get a strange "moving lines" effect if you are moving on the runway or approaching.  It appears to be the way the runways textures are designed with the grooves.  It does not interact well with your landing/taxi lights at night either as you get a strange moire effect, sort of like looking at a fuzzy TV channel.  Their forum won't let me post even though I am registered and I see no other way to contact them.  Just wanted to see if others are having the same problem.  I really love the airport other than this annoying issue.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

13 minutes ago, topcat_1952 said:

Hope I'm not out of line here posting this question but it does relate to this scenery (as well as other examples): Using P3DV4, how do I get from my aircraft views to inside the terminal building to look around? Do I use the slewing feature? Zoom views? Avatar? I can't seem to find any information although I'm sure its probably pretty simple. I have tried using the Avatars in P3D but cannot figure out how to move them around with either my joystick or keyboard.

Thanks

If you want to use avatar mode to do this, you move around using the WASD keys from what I can remember along with the mouse to point in whatever direction you want to go.

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:06 PM, BrianW said:

ILS 10 is a radar vectored approach (that’s what “radar required” means on the chart) meaning you shouldn’t be linking any waypoints to COLUM.

Success landing was with waypoints: TRISH - STALK - STARZ - STRPS - BRAYU - HOIST - COLUM - JEANS

I left COLUM in the FMC Legs page and linked otherwise my approach fails.

Patricio Valdes

8 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Is anyone else having runway and taxiway texture issues?  I notice that it depends on the time of day.  Early morning or afternoon as the sun gets low you get a strange "moving lines" effect if you are moving on the runway or approaching.  It appears to be the way the runways textures are designed with the grooves.  It does not interact well with your landing/taxi lights at night either as you get a strange moire effect, sort of like looking at a fuzzy TV channel.  Their forum won't let me post even though I am registered and I see no other way to contact them.  Just wanted to see if others are having the same problem.  I really love the airport other than this annoying issue.

I'm having the same problem as well as huge performance issues at KBWI. The texture issue seems like a similar problem with FSDT KCLT, and this happens usually just at night. There's a bump map in the texture that's not rendering correctly for me, not sure if it's related to resolution - I run the sim at 4k/30hz. I posted a thread about the texture problem with a video. 

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:06 PM, trisho0 said:

I will fly with 737NGX and 777 later, surely will be fine.

Here is 737NGX and 777 resulted perfectly with P3Dv4.1 

Pji54jq.jpg

A5lzZFU.jpg

Patricio Valdes

14 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Is anyone else having runway and taxiway texture issues?

Do you mean particles from textures as screenshot? This is the runway 28 …. 

MFkYqoV.jpg

Edited by trisho0
editing

Patricio Valdes

8 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Do you mean particles from textures as screenshot? This is the runway 28 …. 

MFkYqoV.jpg

HI, no...I am seeing something abnormal with the textures themselves.  It is mostly visible during dawn/dusk and at night with your landing lights on.  The textures look fine during most of the day.  It has something to do with how the light interacts with that grooved bump-map texture you see in your screenshot.

Eric

4 hours ago, Flic1 said:

HI, no...I am seeing something abnormal with the textures themselves.  It is mostly visible during dawn/dusk and at night with your landing lights on.  The textures look fine during most of the day.  It has something to do with how the light interacts with that grooved bump-map texture you see in your screenshot.

I did a test dawn and dusk and don't see texture issues. What P3D version do you have? I use v4.1

Maybe the lights from the aircraft is too strong? What plane is it? For testing on it I used the Aircreation from FSX added in P3Dv4.1 and no problems on the runway 10/28

Screenshot might help …..

Patricio Valdes

5 hours ago, Flic1 said:

What about this screenshot? I loaded PMDG 777 and I can see the runway texture changes due to the plane lights at different angle of views. Maybe some settings from P3D needs adjustments?

2qtFD1D.jpg

Edited by trisho0

Patricio Valdes

5 hours ago, trisho0 said:

What about this screenshot? I loaded PMDG 777 and I can see the runway texture changes due to the plane lights at different angle of views. Maybe some settings from P3D needs adjustments?

2qtFD1D.jpg

Hi,

there seems to be an issue on some systems, the way that bump (normal) maps of ground texture interact with dynamic lighting. We are looking into it so that we can add it to the fix list for the coming update.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi,

there seems to be an issue on some systems, the way that bump (normal) maps of ground texture interact with dynamic lighting. We are looking into it so that we can add it to the fix list for the coming update.

Many thanks Ricardo and I appreciate so much.

Patricio Valdes

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, LVFRicardo said:

Uninstalled the KBWI ver 1.0 and installed ver 1.1 but I found lighting problems in Gate D-11 (Dusk time) and also 2 objects on the runway 28 (circled). Any ideas?

Gate D-11 Dusk too bright:

i9snzD1.jpg

and in a minute later is normal lighting:

5VDPzUB.jpg

From runway 28, visible objects:

4Jy53yz.jpg

Patricio Valdes

I found more rare objects on several runways from LatinVFR KBWI, are they normal?

JRsmeWI.jpg

Edited by trisho0
correcting

Patricio Valdes