Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Caravan recommendations, please?

Last October, I visited South Africa where I was lucky enough to be able to spend about 10 days in the Bush. To get there from Johannesburg, we boarded a Caravan at a smaller airstrip to go deeper into the bush to reach our destination. I really enjoyed the trip because, being an avid Flight Simmer, one of the default planes is the Caravan. But I don't like the oversized VC and panel in the default plane, and would love to find a Caravan that is beautifully modeled, with panel, sounds, and dynamics. I know there is a payware one out there....and I will buy it, IF some of you tell me it is a good buy, easy on frames, and realistic to fly.Love to hear from any Caravan lovers out there. Stan

Guest Trans_601

Stan,Check out Wilco/FeelThere's Caravan rendition - I personally don't have this one so I can't give you my ops or let you know whether it's worth it.www.feelthere.com

Thanks,Went there and bought it. Hope it lives up to the raves and reviews on the FeelThere website.I've always been pleased with FeelThere products, so I think I'll be safe.Still love to hear from users of this FeelThere aircraft. Stan

Guest JTEK99

I own the FeelThere Caravan. It's decent, but nothing to write home about. It's basically the only one out there, so I've made do with it after doing a complete panel refit with RXP gauges and stuff. Ironically, even loaded out with RXP stuff (which eat a few frames), it's somehow more FPS friendly than it was with the default set it contained.Now if only they would get around to patching their 777. I always hear of a patch that's "coming", but it never comes. I think they should change their company name from "FeelThere" to "WhenWeFeelLikeIt". :)

Yes.I flew it after buying it this morning, and I found it to be very dependent on frames...and even though it was rather enjoyable to fly, it was difficult landing at KEWR (Newark). It slowed down tremendously. Stan