Sign in to follow this  
tazz

PTA 2.62 Issue with P3D V4.3

Every time I try to apply a preset I get a bunch of errors. I've got a fresh 2.62 extracted it to my desktop. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the P3D V4.3 client multiple times, no matter what I do these errors come up and no tweaks are applied. Appreciate any help.    

Preset C:\Users\-\Desktop\pta_2.62\default.ini loaded
Prepar3D 4.3.29 build 25520 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\-\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
Shaders integrity OK

Applying preset C:\Users\-\Desktop\pta_2.62\default.ini...
   Applying [Reduce cloud brightness at dawn/dusk/night] to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Clouds shadows extended size] to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying ["No popcorn" modifier] to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR writing destination shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Objects lighting] to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx
ERROR writing destination shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx
   Applying [Terrain lighting] to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
ERROR writing destination shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
   Applying [Rayleigh scattering effect] to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh
ERROR writing destination shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh
ERROR writing destination shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh
ERROR writing destination shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
ERROR writing destination shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared

-- tazz

I have the exact same problem, have uninstalled client, reinstalled multiple times.

Install fresh copy of PTA 2.62, go to install a new preset, and end up with multiple errors exactly the same as yours, in red.

Try to clear preset and and restore original shaders, and get multiple errors again.

I’m at a complete loss, is there some other data we have to clear?

Brian

Definitely permission related. Just run PTA elevated (as administrator) and it should fix it.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Run as administrator ... that was the simple cure for me! Thanks!

-- tazz

I get flashing ground textures... very interesting.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.