Sign in to follow this  
ibelarry

P3dv4.3 Stuck at Generating Scenery Files Index on Startup

Hi!

Just updated the client and content for P3dv4.3 from 4.2.  No issues with install as I have done this many times before.  However when I attempt to startup P3dv4.3 I am stuck at 34% with the original scenerycfg or 98% with a new one.  Deleted generated files no joy. Uninstalled and reinstalled with no addons accepted-still no joy.  Deleted generated files and accepted all addons still no joy.  I ended up installing the scenery for 4.3 and then reinstalling my global and hd trees following Poppet's instructions.  Everything worked and asked me to activate addons which I did.  Worked perfectly.  Then I saved that scenery cfg.  Tried with my old scenerycfg stuck at 68%.  I have over 300 scenery addons.  I have separate scenerycfg for different regions to avoid overwhelming P3d and my pc.  Hate to have to reinstall or add all that scenery to the new cfg.  Never had this problem..Is the P3dv4.3 scenerycfg formatted differently then 4.2 as this seems to be the problem!?   I have never had an issue installing, reinstalling or updating any version of P3d but this truly has me stumped.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by ibelarry
add

Pew its not mine then, have exact same issue as V4.3 gets stuck at 96% rebuilding a new scenery.cfg file, deleted generated files and got stuck at 58%,  used a backed up cfg file and and it started, has something in this area changed?

Regards Rod Lewis 

I have the same issue. I'm trying to generate a new scenery.cfg but it stops at 96%.

NAX669.png

Have y'all ran the 'Delete Generated Files' file in your P3D folder? It will remove everything the software generates on initial startup and then rebuild it on next launch. I was having similar issues with it hanging on splash screens, hanging on loading scenery, and even CTD since updating to 4.3. I had to do a complete re-install because some of the files ended up being corrupt. I ran that file above and it helped fix the issue, only after the fact...If that doesn't work, you can delete your entire Lockheed Martin folder in your Program Data folder and it will rebuild that one as well. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

2 hours ago, b757 said:

Have y'all ran the 'Delete Generated Files' file in your P3D folder? It will remove everything the software generates on initial startup and then rebuild it on next launch. I was having similar issues with it hanging on splash screens, hanging on loading scenery, and even CTD since updating to 4.3. I had to do a complete re-install because some of the files ended up being corrupt. I ran that file above and it helped fix the issue, only after the fact...If that doesn't work, you can delete your entire Lockheed Martin folder in your Program Data folder and it will rebuild that one as well. 

I tried both of those suggestions. It still hangs a 96%, It looks like a fresh install of P3D4.3 is in order.

NAX669.png

Patience is very hard for me when a new product or an update is made available but after spending many hours trying to correct all the issues I deleted 4.3 and reinstalled 4.2 which worked very well for me.  I will wait for a month or so and hope all the bugs will be fixed and then try again.  

I'm having the same issue, added one entry to my scenery.cfg and am now getting stuck at 99% generating scenery file indexes.  Before adding that entry I had no issues.  I tried running Delete Generated Files and now it gets stuck at 98% instead 🙄

Hopefully there's another solution out there, otherwise I'll have to go back to 4.2

EDIT: Just a warning, using "delete generated files" may delete more than you expected (if you're anything like me).  Luckily everything can be found in your recycling bin.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I tried adding the new scenery entry in-sim and it worked.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Does your event viewer state what is going or have any errors in there? That may be a clue of what is causing the issue. Last night, the blgmaxn64.dll was the issue. Apparently, that file causes problems with every update. What you can do is find your P3D add on folder, should be in your documents folder, and rename that to something else. P3D will generate a new one with no add-ons and then you can install one at a time to figure out what is causing the problem. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

Resolved the stuck issue using old scenery.cfg airport entries in P3dv4.3 with these steps:
1. After updating client, content and scenery I then deleted generated files
2. Ran 4.3 and regenerated all deleted files including the scenery.cfg adding  all of the addons that are part of the scenery_add-ons.xml and add-ons.cfg (backed up)
3. Opened FTX Central following Poppet's/Orbx steps for initializing Orbx
4. Ran 4.3 again regenerating Orbx entries in the scenery.cfg (backed up)
5. Using my saved 4.2 scenery.cfg i added all the entries for non-addon.xml entries (i.e. addon airports) above Orbx using notepad
6. Using a scenery editor such as AdditPro for P3d I rebuilt the scenery library ensuring that all entries are consecutive-in the right priority and layer then saved.  There are probably free scenery editors that can do the same thing
7. Ran 4.3 and complete joy at not having to manually add to the new 4.3 scenery.cfg or reinstall every one of my  300 third-party sceneries

After step 1, it stays at 96%. Don't have the scenery.cfg, but my scenery isn't very complex, so creating a new one isn't a problem. Does some has the solution? Possiblity that P3d makes a new, working one?

This happens when some addons are not compatible with V4.

The only solution I found was to go to the folder C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. Delete all scenery entries there unfortunately and rebuild.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

This way u'll be able to desactivate the conflictual scereny that make P3Dv4 blocking. 🙂

12 hours ago, shad67 said:

OR......go to https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

and get the scenery config editor (version 1.1.9) .

it is written "FS2004/FSX Scenery Config Editor" but it is the latest vesrion , built for P3Dv4 and it works like a charm ! 🙂

😉

Don't forget, while I use SCE a lot, it does NOT read the xml files that follow the LM recommended install method. Lorby's utililty does however (but if I remember correctly doesn't process the scenery.cfg).

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.