Sign in to follow this  
snpower

v 4.3 Black Screen, Normal Sounds/Controls

After updating to v4.3 I happen to be performing an update to my nVidia GTX 1080 driver when I noticed p3d still running in the background. After completion I shut the sim down and relaunched... there is no aircraft rendered in the startup screen and after selections are made and the sim loads all I see is black. Sound is there, and I can hear throttle/flap sounds.

First thing I did was roll back my video driver.

Then I deleted my P3D.cfg, scenery.cfg, and dll.xml files. I also used the shortcut to deleted all generated files. Nothing.

I uninstalled P3D and re-installed V 4.2. Still nothing - no change.

Next I deleted the following and restarted:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Re-installed to V4.3... no change!!

Windows 10 64 bit, nVidia GTX 1080

Edited by snpower

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

How long did you leave it? It may feel like minutes but how long was it really? Time it and wait a good few minutes. Mine does exactly the same thing and I binned it off each time, it is very frustrating as it didn't used to. This is on a fast M2 ssd too.

Chris

Ahhh 5+ minutes. I'll wind my watch, go do something for 20 or so and check back. But... I'm skeptical.

I think something is just plain wrong.

So all is back to normal now. All I am aware that I did was delete the program shortcut off of the desktop and launch from the program's folder directly. Odd, but satisfying to be back up and running.

On 6/29/2018 at 3:11 AM, snpower said:

So all is back to normal now. All I am aware that I did was delete the program shortcut off of the desktop and launch from the program's folder directly. Odd, but satisfying to be back up and running.

I have the same problem but never finded a way to fix it. I was sitting here 12 hours yesterday and no fix ;(. Could you tell me how you did fix it ?

On 6/28/2018 at 8:11 PM, snpower said:

Same problem.  I tried launching from the program's folder and still no joy.  I don't have the most powerful system in the world but 4.2 worked just fine.  

Ya know, if it wasn't for the Maddog and the Q400, I would gladly chuck this thing in a New York minute and run X-Plane 11 exclusively.  I may end up doing that anyway. This is way more trouble than it's worth. 😠

Edited by Bill Alderson

Bill Alderson

I know this is an old post but I figured I would chime in as I just had the same thing happen. If you have multiple displays,check to see if it loaded the scenario onto a display other than the one you expected. Sometimes I only turn one display on depending on the plane I'm flying. I turned on the other one just for the heck of it an lo 'N Behold. There she was.