Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA 2.62 now available (Prepar3D 4.3 Compatibility)

Hi all,

We recently just made v2.62 of PTA available for users that have upgraded to Prepar3D v4.3.

You can find the download via your order page on the SimTweaks website. 

Please note: Due to shader structure change within Prepar3D v4.3, some of the tweaks in PTA v2.62 will NOT work in previous versions of Prepar3D. If you are not planning on upgrading from Prepar3D v4.2, you do NOT need to upgrade PTA. There isn't any new functionality in PTA v2.62, just compatibility with Prepar3D v4.3.

Thanks,

Matt.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Thanks for doing this so quickly, Matt - much appreciated!!!

I doidn't really find anything earth-shattering about P3Dv4.3: it still looks pretty washed out without PTA (and we still have blobby clouds and terrible water) - so, for me at least, PTA is a *must*.

Adam.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

2 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Due to shader structure change within Prepar3D v4.3, some of the tweaks in PTA v2.62 will NOT work in previous versions of Prepar3D

Which ones please?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks for the quick update Matt.  You are a real Pro.   

Harv Stein  zeide49@gmail.com    Founder VATSIM

Hi Matt, im new to PTA. Do you have yout INI posted somewhere? I watched your your tube video from last year & the link is broken.

Thanks,

UPS123.png

On 6/29/2018 at 3:57 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

Thanks for doing this so quickly, Matt - much appreciated!!!

I doidn't really find anything earth-shattering about P3Dv4.3: it still looks pretty washed out without PTA (and we still have blobby clouds and terrible water) - so, for me at least, PTA is a *must*.

Adam.

Hi Adam,

Love your presets.  Will you be updating for 4.3 ?

Hello,,

Prior to installing v2.62, does the existing PTA need to be uninstalled? Or can I simply install over the existing version?

thx,,, mike

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Hi Adam,

Love your presets.  Will you be updating for 4.3 ?

Thanks! Short answer: YES! Long answer: since installing 4.3, I've been using my 261_03+VD lighting version as a base and tweaking the odd thing here and there.  Quite honestly, I'm not sure how much exactly the lighting changed from 4.2 to 4.3 - or whether I just needed an excuse to tweak (it's an addiction!). All I remember is that both versions of 261_03 worked perfectly well with P3D4.3 - and got me back pretty instantly to how my old P3Dv4.2 looked. I just can't help myself.

I'm pretty pleased with the way my 262_01 is looking - but I'll be absolutely gutted if I find that when I compare the two, value by value, that I ended up exactly where I was before 🤣

I think I'm nearly ready with the VC lighting version, so will soon try and get the other one to match.

It's not as simple as it might appear, as you have to mimic what PTA does *locally* on the aircraft model (and inside the VC) with *global* changes - that end up affecting scenery and sky as well. I'd love to be able to just dump the non-VC-lighting version and concentrate on the other, as it's far more flexible. However - a few odd add-ons out there don't play ball when VC lighting is enabled ... so ...

Shouldn't be too long now - but don't expect any radical departures from 261_03 (if it ain't broke etc.).

10 minutes ago, orbmis said:

Prior to installing v2.62, does the existing PTA need to be uninstalled? Or can I simply install over the existing version?

You're not going to believe this - but I was in such a mad rush to install it that I've totally forgotten what I did in that respect. What I *do* remember doing was this:

1) Backed up the current PTA-modified P3Dv4.2 shaders files (the ones in P3D root) ... just to be double, triple safe.

2) When still in the old PTA and P3Dv4.2, restored the original shader files to get P3D back to its original state. Then backed those up (for good measure).

3) Uninstalled the 4.2 client (I did content and scenery as well, while I was at it - but it's not mandatory).

4) Installed the new P3D components and backed up the new/original shaders files  - just in case!

5) Backed up my entire existing PTA folder. If you're uninstalling from the Windows CP, then this is probably a good idea - in case all your favourite presets get nuked. Unlikely - but you never know!

6) Installed the new PTA (sorry - can't remember whether I uninstalled it or over-wrote).

7) Loaded up my old preset and breathed a huge sigh of relief!

None of the "backing-up" steps above take long. None of the files are huge - so it's really no bother.

Adam.

43 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

All I remember is that both versions of 261_03 worked perfectly well with P3D4.3

Great!

Here's a sneak preview of 262_01 ...

p3dv43_dc6b_01_373_1350.jpg

p3dv43_anson_03_45_1350.jpg?dl=1

a2a_t6_nca_01_144_1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 3

Thank You Adam for your tremendous efforts and sharing them with the PTA community.  

Harv Stein  zeide49@gmail.com    Founder VATSIM

1 hour ago, vatsim5 said:

Thank You Adam for your tremendous efforts and sharing them with the PTA community.  

It's a pleasure!!!

Here's another pic - just to show it's not *always* blues and greens!

t6_monument_valley_812_1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.