Sign in to follow this  
Jyrki Keisala

Where to find good quality SAPI5 desktop voices for P2A?

1 minute ago, DrumsArt said:

I use CereProc voice, I was able to benefit from important reductions (50%) at Christmas time in 2016 and 2017. One voice=31€/2. I am very satisfied with these voices (12) that I can use in P2Atc, VoxAtc and MCE.

Regards,

do you have a website? 

2 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

do you have a website? 

https://www.cereproc.com/

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

22 hours ago, Les Parson said:

I thought I read that if one leaves the voice area for a specific ATC facility - Blank -, P2A will select a random voice from the users library. Is that not accurate? 

I don't know. I didn't realise I could make them blank. They start off with a voice already chosen. I'll see if I can set one blank ... 

If several are blank, will it try to choose different ones for each of those? I want them all to be different, really, so they'd all need to be blank, assuming that P2A would try not to re-use any -- if possible, of course. There may not be enough.

Also I don't want it choosing the default Microsoft ones. I don't like those, they sound too robotic to me. I don't know if the default ones can be eliminated from the selection.

Dave, any advice on all this, please?

22 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

I use CereProc voice,

Are they good?  I've just listed to the samples, and the British ones are certainly okay. So that's another route for expanding my library. If leaving assignments blank does make P2A choose a different one at random from the list, and I can exclude the ones I don't like, then it will be worth adding some of the CereProc ones too ... but maybe only at Christmas!? :-)  (Currently £25 each).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I bought three of the CereProc voices yesterday and they are fine for me. 

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I don't know. I didn't realise I could make them blank. They start off with a voice already chosen. I'll see if I can set one blank ... 

If several are blank, will it try to choose different ones for each of those? I want them all to be different, really, so they'd all need to be blank, assuming that P2A would try not to re-use any -- if possible, of course. There may not be enough.

Also I don't want it choosing the default Microsoft ones. I don't like those, they sound too robotic to me. I don't know if the default ones can be eliminated from the selection.

Dave, any advice on all this, please?

Are they good?  I've just listed to the samples, and the British ones are certainly okay. So that's another route for expanding my library. If leaving assignments blank does make P2A choose a different one at random from the list, and I can exclude the ones I don't like, then it will be worth adding some of the CereProc ones too ... but maybe only at Christmas!? :-)  (Currently £25 each).

Pete

To my knowledge there was a promotion in March 2017 too. Each time it was a 50% discount.
I have 12 CereProc voices bought in three installments (Heather, Adam, Giles, Isabella, Jack, Katherine, Nathan, Sarah, Hannah, Megan, William and Stuart). Personally I find them very good as well as the price during promotions 😉

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Leaving the voice assignment blank does not currently select a random voice.  It does let Windows assign a voice, but it is not random.  

Random voice selection is still a future enhancement.

Dave

• Like 1

I just purchased "Megan" from CereProc and it's very good.  Will purchase more later.

I just purchased a bundle of voices at Nextup. The Ivona voices sounded good on the website.  I have installed the voices but can't seem to get them to work.  They do appear in P2A and I have selected them.  My question is do I need to use TextAloud4 in order to get them to work?  I purchased a CereProc voice yesterday and it works perfectly, without any program to make it work.  Don't understand why these voices won't work.  Can anyone help me out please?  Thanks, Rodger

14 minutes ago, C130FE said:

I just purchased a bundle of voices at Nextup. The Ivona voices sounded good on the website.  I have installed the voices but can't seem to get them to work.  They do appear in P2A and I have selected them.  My question is do I need to use TextAloud4 in order to get them to work?  I purchased a CereProc voice yesterday and it works perfectly, without any program to make it work.  Don't understand why these voices won't work.  Can anyone help me out please?  Thanks, Rodger

Normally no need to use TexAloud4...I have no answer for the rest, sorry.

Regards,

Richard Portier

38 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

My question is do I need to use TextAloud4 in order to get them to work? 

38 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Normally no need to use TexAloud4...I have no answer for the rest, sorry.

Thanks, that at least eliminates part of my problem.

Be sure that the voices you installed are 64 bit Desktop SAPI 5 voices.  Some voices come with both a 32 bit and a 64 bit installer and you must use the 64 bit one.

Also, reboot the PC after installing.

If you can select them in P2A and they still don't work, send me the P2A Log file for the most recent flight where they didn't work.  There might be some error messages.

Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.  
Dave

Dave, I should've remembered to reboot after installing the voices.  Yesterday when I set everything up to fly the voices worked perfect.  Thanks.

Rodger