Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidvoogd

Carenado 182Q released

Altstiff, I think my problem was due to the fact, I replaced my halo.bmp when I installed the new DA Piper Cheyenne. I still have to test it. I think Allcott suggested this to me in another thread. I can't think of anything else that I did other than that recently.

haven't I got that plane already? hang on a minute, mine has a WHITE panel background...? :-roll

Well, I switched back to the default halo.bmp, and still no taxi or landing lights from VC. Are there others out there?? I assume now that me and another member have this problem, there must be more. I would like to make sure to see if it's a bug or system configs.

>Well, I switched back to the default halo.bmp, and still no>taxi or landing lights from VC. Are there others out there?? I>assume now that me and another member have this problem, there>must be more. I would like to make sure to see if it's a bug>or system configs.Yeah, I tried it too but no dice. Still no landing lights in the VC. Every other view has them but the VC.

Hey Altstiff, well I'm glad it's not just me. I did send Carenado an E-mail. I am not sure if they got it as my system has trouble sometimes with outlook express. I didn't want to send another one in case they already got it. I quess if they get enough users with the problem, they will fix it.

I do recall adding a "Nick's LightFix Version 2" from the library here a few weeks back. Do you have that installed too?I don't have problems with any other planes so I'm hoping it is an Carenado issue.What drivers are you using? I'm betting it's a driver issue. 91.31 here.

I am using tweaksrus 84.56v3 I think. My sim system is off at the moment, so I will check in the morning. I think this is just a Carenado issue only with this 182Q, as I don't have this problem with other planes I have. Talk to you tomorrow. Have a good night.

I have the same problem with no taxi or landing lights from the VC. The problem does not exist on their C182RG, so it must be a bug. I have sent off an email to them as well.

Graeme Butler

I just got an E-mail from Carenado saying they are aware of the lighting problem. We should see something in a day or two. :)

Guest davidvoogd

Ok I've looked at the pictures like 10 times now... I cave, going to get it now lol.

Guest davidvoogd

Glad I did, flies very well and has a couple of new features the others don't.

In regard to the no VC lights at night problem reported here -- I find that to be absolutely amazing. I know that anyone can make a mistake and especially , some small things can be overlooked. But HOW would such a thing be overlooked in the design and testing of a new a/c. Surely, somebody involved in the design and testing process must have flown the thing at night and seen that he/she can't see where they are going because the lights don't work??Amazing!! Barry