Sign in to follow this  
philipp00sk8

ground problem at Toronto

I have the same issue. I have seen it in a few places. I have a lot of addon scenery, so reconfiguring all of the ones that contain landclass files would be a pain.

Does reinstalling ORBX stuff solve the problem or do I need to remove evbery other landclass file?

I don't recall this being an issue before I updated to 4.2. I plan to update to 4.3 next week, so if that will solve the issue, I'll do that.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

humm...i don't know if you need to reinstall orbx for this issue...for me just uncheke the landclass fix it...i don't reinstall orbx

This conflict occurs with both FlyTampa Toronto and Sydney - simplest soluton is to disable the FlyTampa landclass.

I can confirm the issue remains in v4.3.

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

23 minutes ago, TonyD said:

This conflict occurs with both FlyTampa Toronto and Sydney - simplest soluton is to disable the FlyTampa landclass.

That's exactly the way to avoid those black (night) texture tiles.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, TonyD said:

The issue is I am ssing this in other places. I saw it in Florida (I have LatinVFR KMIA and FSDT FLL), and I know I have seen it other places.

Also, My CYYZ configurator doesn't list landclass as an option. It is the same as the pic above, except landclass is not one of the avilable options. Was there a ORBX compatible option available during installation that I may have checked?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

If you have the FTX Global OpenLC North America product installed, uninstall it through FTX Central then reinstall it.  That has fixed this very problem in the past many times for people experiencing it not only in areas like the FlyTampa airports with their own landclass, but in areas like Florida where there is no FlyTampa scenery nearby (like Duckbilled said he is experiencing it).

There is no need to reinstall ALL of your ORBX products.  Just do the North America OpenLC product (Canada is in North America...that's why it will work).

Rick Ryan