Sign in to follow this  

I have an old monitor that only displays P3DV4 dynamic lights is SSAA ( of course, it kills the frame rates).

Yesterday, I borrowed a newer, better monitor to test and to my surprise it showed dynamic lights in MSAA too.

So, what is it that I need to look for in modern monitors so that they will display dynamic lights in any anti aliasing mode I may want to use...?

Thanks

what was the screen resolution fot the test monitor? the picture looks clear and sharp with that monitor with only MSAA? 

I run an ASUS 28" 4k monitor and I only use 2xMSAA due to the more pixels you display the less AA is needed, Dynamic lighting on HDMI 8bit HD in NV panel.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, rjfry said:

I run an ASUS 28" 4k monitor and I only use 2xMSAA due to the more pixels you display the less AA is needed, Dynamic lighting on HDMI 8bit HD in NV panel.

That's not the whole truth. It also depends on the screen size. In other words the pixel density (pixels per inch) matters. A TV 55' 4K will need at least 4xSSAA while a  notebook 19' 4K does not need any AA.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

You just answered it yourself (pixels pre inch) is the same in 4k whatever the screen size 4xSSAA in 4k will impact performance when you don't need it. 55" or 28" pixel density is the same.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 7/2/2018 at 12:50 PM, rjfry said:

You just answered it yourself (pixels pre inch) is the same in 4k whatever the screen size 4xSSAA in 4k will impact performance when you don't need it. 55" or 28" pixel density is the same.

What were you saying again about pixel density?

1000 pixels across 28" = 37.7ppi

1000 pixels across 55" = 18.2 ppi

In the above examples, ppi = pixel density. In other words...pixels per inch is dependent on screen size. Without knowing screen size, you can't calculate ppi!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB